Just shipped my 555ES to SACDmods !!!!!!!!
Apr 12, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #16 of 62
Congrats Meech. I would be shocked if you didnt love the great sound of the modded player. Its one of the best audio investments that I've ever made.
Last fall, at a Detroit Head-Fi gathering, no less than Ray Samuels, of Emmeline fame, listened to my "Hot Rod" 555ES and declared it the equal of his outstanding $3000+ Meridian player.

JC

Apr 12, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 62
Nightfall,

Which Meridian does Ray have?

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Gopher
Nightfall,

Which Meridian does Ray have?

508.24 if i recall correctly.

Apr 14, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #20 of 62
Congrats qwerty. How long is the lead time on the install?

Apr 14, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #21 of 62
I think Matthew is getting some Zap Filters within a week or so. I'm guessing the lead time will be a couple of weeks but I shouldn't really speak for him. Call him on his cell phone. His number is listed on his site now.

qwert870,

By the way. Congrats !!!! Another one bites the dust
wink.gif

I guess we'll both be going nuts with anticipation over the next few weeks.

Apr 14, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #22 of 62
Actually, I just spoke with Mr. Anker and he said he is still waiting for the LC Audio Zap Filter. While he is confident that he will receive them within two weeks he is not absolutely certain. He has 7 units currently awaiting the Zap Filter. Once he does receive the Zap Filters he will have to mod them first. He therefore recommended that I not send him my 555ES yet, but rather that I wait a couple weeks and call him again. That is what I intend to do.

I have already done some minor mods of my own (Black gates, Nichicon KZs, and Wimas in the power supply.) I considered doing the mods Mr. Anker describes myself, but seeing how his $602 mods would cost me about $540 in total parts costs I would much rather pay a professional to have them done.

Apr 14, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #23 of 62
That's funny, because I just spoke with him on Saturday and know for sure that I didn't hear 2 weeks. If he said that I definately wouldn't have sent my player yet.

Why do I have a feeling I'm not going to see my 555 again for over a month
mad.gif
mad.gif
??

OH WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no use getting upset. It's going to take as long as it takes.
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #24 of 62
Is that $604 for exactly the same parts you would install? If so, why not pay the piddly $62 as you planned? One messed up intall that melts a little too much solder lead and it will be a nightmare to troubleshoot.

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #25 of 62
ServinginEcuador,

You misunderstood me, we are in fact in agreement. I mentioned the parts cost to demonstrate how reasonable Mr. Anker's labor rates are. I will definitely have him perform the mods when he gets the appropriate parts in stock. Although, I am fairly confident in my own soldering abilities.

meech,

Mr. Anker said that he was unsure as to the exact arrival of said LC Audio Zap Filters. It could be in the next few days, but he has been waiting almost two months now and has not heard anything deffinite from LC Audio in Denmark. I hope it is soon.

Apr 14, 2004 at 8:47 AM Post #26 of 62
my 555es is currently first in the queue to be modded by Matt and
I have been waiting for 3 months already. Still eager waiting
for it to come back. In the meantime, I am enjoying my modded 222es very much (which I sent to Matt about the same time I sent 555es and get back in less than 2 weeks)

Looking forward to getting the modded 555es and can compare it with 222es.

Again, thanks Matt for all the good work!

Apr 14, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #27 of 62
qwerty,

Just tryin' to push you over the edge in case you even considered doing it yourself for that little price difference. But hey, some here are so cheap they would do it themselves just to save the $60ish dollars. For me, that kind of time dedicated to save that little money, with the huge investment in time just wouldn't be w worthwhile exchange.

Apr 22, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #28 of 62
[size=medium]ZapFilters are now in!!!!![/size]
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just spoke with Matthew at Sacdmods and he informed me that the he'll have Zapfilters in a day or two. He has an update on his annoucements page. OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the anticipation begins
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #29 of 62
Matt sent me an email today he has a weeks work to catch up on and then he will do my philips 963 sa. I love to go to his place and see what new "project" he is working on.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back