Just saw The Hurt Locker...what a brilliant movie
Feb 5, 2010 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
loved it more than Avatar.

the entire attention to detail given to each scene in the movie...the way a person dies when bomb explodes, the sniping without all the glamour (notice the flies bugging the scout)..

if u havent seen it..go see it..the movie is so raw....not like those highly edited movies these days which appear so predictable

the vulnerability of the characters, the cinematography, the high speed camera scenes..everything is just captivating.

i am not good in reviewing movies..so just giving my brief opinion.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 38
When is the DVD release? That's the soonest I will get to see it
frown.gif
You are a great reviewer! I'm psyched! I like a little grim taste in my movies, but an editing style that adds to that atmosphere as well.

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is trully an amazing movie. Easily the best if 09'

x2. I remember almost the whole movie weeks after seeing it. It is a great movie.

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #7 of 38
It´s great and thankfully deliberated from american patriotism if I am allowed to say it here. It really felt like there was actually real humans involved.

Only complaint was that it got kind of repetitive regarding the bomb scenes so to speak but repetitiveness is the nature of army life for the average gi joe anyway lol

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 38
I agree it's excellent (saw it in theaters on a whim) - it's intense without resorting to Hollywood tricks or exaggeration. It's visceral and moving without being politicized or biased. I thought it expertly straddled the line between gritty documentary and war movie.

Almost any other year, it would be a slam dunk for Best Picture. I hope it wins, but I think Avatar will be tough to beat this year due to the hype, if nothing else.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #10 of 38
i think it deserves award for best movie.

Avatar deserves technical awards....movie was a visual orgasm...but script & story were like 5 yr olds bedtime stuff.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's visceral and moving without being politicized or biased..

Well put. At it's heart, this is a story of a guy who is good his job and passionate about his job. It could of been in Russia, at Ikea, or the grocery aisle That is what it's about, and the environment is treated as such. The viewer is left to form an opinion, while the protagonist operates within such.

I thought it was a wonderful movie on several levels. There were a few nitpicks, but in the end I completely forgave and bought in.

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just came out in Australia yesterday. God, that took forever.

these days movie tapes are delivered by a slow boat, and Aus is far far away
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 38
I really want to see this but have a squeemish wife. How gory is it and how good is the story? Strange Days is one of my favourite movies, ever, and this movie has the same director.
Let me know so I can talk my wife into renting the blu-ray tonight!

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #15 of 38
Overall there is not much gore/blood, but there is one scene you might want to skip past. Don't want to give any spoilers here, but it's not that much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to see this but have a squeemish wife. How gory is it and how good is the story? Strange Days is one of my favourite movies, ever, and this movie has the same director.
Let me know so I can talk my wife into renting the blu-ray tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back