Just received the HD660S2 but is there anything else that can be recommended?
Jun 26, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #16 of 21
What I really dislike about the 660S2 in games now, is the fact that it is too intimate. For music it is great but in gaming, I want that immersion of being in a different world and a sense of space which the 660S2 just can not really deliver. The X2 do a way better job at this and gives a bigger perception of space. Not sure if this is what people define as "soundstage"?
Because of that I ordered the Hifiman Edition XS now. From reviews i heard that it is supposedly having a very wide soundstage and better imaging which hopefully deliver what the 660S2 are missing in games at least.

I also read reviews about the ATH-R70X but none of them was convincing enough that these are actually a pair of headphones which deliver phenomenal sound for their price bracket.

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #17 of 21
Thanks for your detailed answer. I can at least answer the cab situation in Munich. Majority is still Mercedes E-Class but since Uber is legal, there is a suspicious amount of Toyota Hybrids on the street :)

Oh I mean more in the late 90s and early 2000s. To the point that when I said "M5" what was in my mind was the V8 pre-Bangle model.

But yeah, bottomline is...you can still break speed limits in many places on the old 518 (that includes highway speeds), changing speed when merging into traffic up the on-ramp on a freeway (let alone the autobahn) or pulling out of a corner aren't exactly all that fun on a midsize car with an engine that size. You can't even really throttle steer, so it's not a matter of just slapping on the suspension parts plus wheels and tyres off an M5 onto the smallest engine model.

Doesn't just have to be the 518 and M5. You can make that current E-class vs the E65 AMG or something.

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #18 of 21
Oh I mean more in the late 90s and early 2000s. To the point that when I said "M5" what was in my mind was the V8 pre-Bangle model.

But yeah, bottomline is...you can still break speed limits in many places on the old 518 (that includes highway speeds), changing speed when merging into traffic up the on-ramp on a freeway (let alone the autobahn) or pulling out of a corner aren't exactly all that fun on a midsize car with an engine that size. You can't even really throttle steer, so it's not a matter of just slapping on the suspension parts plus wheels and tyres off an M5 onto the smallest engine model.

Doesn't just have to be the 518 and M5. You can make that current E-class vs the E65 AMG or something.
Imo those old BMW 5 E34 series with V8s were truly good cars. Far away from being racing machines and also not meant to be used as one but definitely smooth sailing like no other.
Sure if you want that thing to be on steroids then definitely a M5 would be the better option.

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #19 of 21
What I really dislike about the 660S2 in games now, is the fact that it is too intimate. For music it is great but in gaming, I want that immersion of being in a different world and a sense of space which the 660S2 just can not really deliver. The X2 do a way better job at this and gives a bigger perception of space. Not sure if this is what people define as "soundstage"?
Because of that I ordered the Hifiman Edition XS now. From reviews i heard that it is supposedly having a very wide soundstage and better imaging which hopefully deliver what the 660S2 are missing in games at least.

I also read reviews about the ATH-R70X but none of them was convincing enough that these are actually a pair of headphones which deliver phenomenal sound for their price bracket.
Incredible!!
No one told you that this HD660s2 headphone increases a lot in stage quality if you connect it to a good external desktop dac amp, Asgard 3, Jotunheim 2, Xduoo TA22, Fiio K7 etc.
Your PC's audio card isn't doing this phone justice and you're welcome to pick up a Hifiman, which is much more demanding with amplification.

I'm currently trying to find a promotion on the HD660s2 I want to buy a new or used tbém.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back