Just ordered the iMod with ALO SXC Cryo
Aug 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could we say that before the HIFIMAN 801 and AMP3 launching, IMOD is the killer of portable sources?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

We sure could!

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #17 of 23
And the hifiman / amp3 has not been proven to be better just an alternative. But both of them have issues which sort of prevent them from being a good portable. I don't know if you guys heard but the hifiman does skip when moved which prevents it from being used when your moving.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 23
Finally got the replacement iMod with the SXC cable. Hooked it up to GS Voyager with SE530. Just one word: Amazing
atsmile.gif

I was expecting it to be an incremental change to the overall sound quality but this was just overwhelming.

These are my observations: The sound stage has increased tremendously. Instrument separation and spatialization is unbelievable and my 160Gig Classic doesn't hold a candle to the iMod. It’s almost 3D and I am able to place instruments and singers in virtual space in front of me (well, in a limited way, obviously IEM's can’t compete with big set of cans in this regards).

Treble has opened up and though treble is still lacking on the SE530, I no longer have to rely on the "Contour" switch on Voyager fill the treble gap. I am not sure if ALO SXC LOD is at work here.

Bass has tightened and it is precise and not thin. It’s full bodied and enjoyable.

Complex passages are not mushy anymore and with the iMod, the SE530 is able to keep up, though it is still not perfect.

All my favourite songs have come alive and with my earlier setup, I had to concentrate really hard to pick up some of the layers within the music, but with this its just plain obvious.

I am extremely pleased with the setup. The only downside to this is that the iMod is showing SE530’s inadequacies and I will have to upgrade them soon (JH13Pro maybe
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 23
I have 2 iMods and 2 v-caps. I wouldn't sell them or trade them for anything in the world. I just ordered an Amp3 Pro 2 but changed it for a Studio One instead. I also ordered a HiFiman801. I am waiting for both. Lets see how they compare to the IMod/V-Cap combo. Stand by for a review or at minimum my initial impressions.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could we say that before the HIFIMAN 801 and AMP3 launching, IMOD is the killer of portable sources?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Is the SQ of Amp3 better than the IMod?

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #22 of 23
I wonder how an Imod compares with an diyMod with Black Gate 47 uf caps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the SQ of Amp3 better than the IMod?

Ugh tough question. Amp3 Pro2 has many "issues" if you will. The sound with the right iem can be heaven. The iMod with the right amp can be simply orgasmic. iMod t me is more flexible as well. The Amp3 Pro2 is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back