Just moved from my old Zune Premiums to a pair of AT CKS90s
Nov 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

elite5472

New Head-Fier
First reaction: what the hell is this! *cranks down the 4k*

20 minutes later: so this is what rock actually sounds like *puts 4k back up*

It was a huge shock at first because my music sounded so different from before. I actually thought it was worse but truth is I was just used to the unoffensive, mainstream sound of cheap headphones. These are way more aggressive and intense!

I wonder what $200 headphones sound like...

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I wonder what $200 headphones sound like...

Lol.

May I be the first to say "Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet" 
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
thanks phlashbios.
Truth is I've lurked these forums for a while, but after getting my new headphones I couldn't help but post something
smily_headphones1.gif

It's both a great and a terrible thing at the same time. lol.

I remember my first "proper" IEM when I came from stock headphones supplied with my mp3 player was the Klipsch S4 and I couldn't believe I was being so extravagant, spending £40 on a little pair of headphones and when I got them, I was like..."wow, this is some difference". I listen to them now, compared to some of the other headphones I have heard since then, and they sound awful, but that's the joy of this headphone hobby, your expectations and experiences just keep on rising, with no apparent end in sight, which is where the wallet pain comes in 
biggrin.gif

I have very recently spent £200 on my very first pair of custom IEM's, which two years ago would have seemed to me like an absolutely ridiculous thing to do, but instead, because of my headphone journey, it has been an exciting and rewarding experience and I am looking forward to whatever the next "step up" from these are, at some point in the future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back