Just made the just from IEM to full sized (MDR-V900HD)
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

torptube

Head-Fier
I must say, these cans sound amazing. Not even the DBA-02 or SM3 come close to matching its clarity. 

I was just wondering what gear you all have there, and your guy's general thoughts about full sized headphones in general. 

Also, I've search and read around about open vs. closed, but still don't fully understand it, any help on that would be appreciated.

I'm looking to get the open Fischer Audio FA-002 next, would that be a good choice for an opening open headphone (maybe a little pun intended).

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 5
Yes, any time you've only had experience with IEM's and make your way to full sized, it usually an eye-opener. 

I'm not familiar with the particular can you're talking about, but without that exposure to full sized gear, I don't think it's as easy for portable folks to have a good sense for relative value.  Even if ultimately they're just going to stay within the domain of portable audio. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 5
Portability is a serious issue with these cans, but at least the wire is long enough that I can walk around without having my computer or DAP fall.

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Do the Sony's mesh well with an amp? I recently ordered an Arrow.

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Do the Sony's mesh well with an amp? I recently ordered an Arrow.

Amping does help, but its not night and day.  It is very noticeable.  I only use a $40.00 mixer as an amp and was very surprised how much better it sounded that sound card.  Looking to upgrade to something better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back