Just looking for a customized opinion. Help please
Jan 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KalHefner

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking to buy some headphones. Either full size or on ear, (not ear bud or clip on etc.) I'm looking for the best sound quality for less than or equal to $40. I love bass so lot's of bass, but not so much as to sacrifice the other aspects of the music. I think a good example would be, what would a kid cudi type song sound the best on?

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Oh one last concern I would have is sound leaking at high volumes. If I'm in a fairly quiet area is there any chance somebody could for example know what song i'm listening to? lol

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Yes, with both of those phones. You could go for canalphones which will give you excellent isolation and bass but may be less comfortable over long periods -- probably a little more expensive also for equal quality.

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Oh one last concern I would have is sound leaking at high volumes. If I'm in a fairly quiet area is there any chance somebody could for example know what song i'm listening to? lol

Do you listen to really embarrassingly bad music or something?  don't want people to see you rockin out to the Kenny G? 
tongue.gif
  j/k.  I think you would be fine with the PX100.  They are not closed, but I don't think they would leak that much. 

I don't like Portapros because they have the same driver and sound as the ksc-75 which although a clip-on is much cheaper and I think the portapro looks horrendous.  I also prefer clip on to dinky over the head phones like those. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back