Just got the AV710 =D
Jan 27, 2005 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

Spitzfiya

Head-Fier
$30 for this little gem? i can't belive it!

I have the Logitech Z-530s 5.1 speakers and there is Black/Yellow/and Green plugs, how to I hook up these speakers to my AV710?

I just got it installed but i havent plugged my speakers in because i honestly don't know where each plug goes. I never thought it would come to this... Im following Mr. Radars Guide ATM.

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 56
Haha no wonder this thing was like $30...

It sounds like absolute crap!

I am dead serious, I followed Mr. Radars guide to the teeth and then plugged in my HD-497s into the first jack.

I fired up a 192Kbps MP3 and to my surprise it sounded weak, lacked bass, had no punch, and it crackled and clipped!

My onboard AC97 Sounds better then this dog sh1t.

Why do you people reccomend this card? I am officially not impressed.

I don't understand...I really thought this would blow my socks off. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEE AHHH.

any suggestions at all?

/rant

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #3 of 56
let me guess... you plugged the headphones directly into the soundcard?

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 56
try plugging it in the line out(black jack) and set your preference to high sampling rate. the line out uses the wolfson dac. mind you its only for 2.0 setup. Try speakers for 2.0. The line out jack needs to be amplified when using headphones to sound really good.

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
let me guess... you plugged the headphones directly into the soundcard?

Ok, where else would i plug them into?

If your suggesting I have an AMP of some sort...I do not have an AMP nor do i even know where to get one nor would i ever get one.

I plugged them into the Microphone jack(first jack) because thats the only one that worked.

Ill try the line out thing tho...

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
try plugging it in the line out(black jack) and set your preference to high sampling rate. the line out uses the wolfson dac. mind you its only for 2.0 setup. Try speakers for 2.0. The line out jack needs to be amplified when using headphones to sound really good.

Theres no sound coming from the Black Line out jack (3rd from the right) =(

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 56
isn't the proper jack the one right next to the digital out?

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #9 of 56
well since you are having so much trouble... *waves hand* you will give me your av710
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #10 of 56
yes, i was talking about the jack next to the digital out. You can always try ASIO if kernal streaming doesnt work for you. you can download it here. I just set my buffer size to 1024 and KS buffers to 2. I found this setup works for me and sounds wonderful.

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #11 of 56
oh and you may want to download the ASIO dll for foobar, if that is what you are using. you can get that here Its the version 0.44b and put that in your foobar/components directory. After that you would need to set the asio in your foobar preference/output. Hope that help. Enjoy!!

Jan 27, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #12 of 56
Everything works and i have my HD-497s plugged into the ALT Out Jack (Right next to the SPDIF Out) Im using Kernal Streaming

I'm having some problems still:

- Crackles, pops, clipping at higher volumes
- Baselines sound like thier "breaking up"
- Music stops when Windows sound plays
- It's not playing at 96000Hz because the settings arn't sticking

This sucks, and it still sounds like poop

Jan 27, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #13 of 56
Thats one flaw i didnt like with the av-710 when the music stops because windows sound interupted it. You must have two sound cards. I just set my windows sound to the other soundcard and in foobar set it to the av-710. That way the music continues to play, but there is no windows sound unless you have speakers connected to that soundcard. Are you using the 1.42b drivers or something like that? The new driver seems to have a vol bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back