Just got my Ultimate Ears CSX 11's...experience from Fit Kit to in my ears
Aug 13, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #16 of 81
And in the irony of all ironies....just got my tracking info and 8:58pm at night. It was shipped today and will be delivered tomorrow. However, it requires a signature, given the value, so I’ll have to pick it up from UPS when I get back into town on Thursday. The wait continues. Ugh.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 81
So - got the headphones about an hour ago.

First impressions: um where’s my superbax cable instead of the mic and bluetooth cable? Another email to customer service - not a good start.

The rest of the package, quite impressive. Nice custom box, nice little baggie inside and a great looking pair of IEMs.

Fit - insert easily, no pain at all, both are extremely secure (left being more so than the right - more on this in the sound section). Really comfortable, can’t complain at all. They barely stick out so they are probably going to be fine going forward.

Sound - these things sound really good. I’ve been using a ton of universals trying to find the best headphone and these are up near the top as far as sound goes. However, I may have a slight fit issue on the right. It doesn’t seem like the headphones sound the same on both sides...more bass on the left which means that the right might not be sealed as well as the left. If I push in the right just a bit, it balances out the sound, especially the bass. So I may end up needing a little fit adjustment. Ultimately it just seems like the nozzle that goes inside my canal is a bit looser than the left.

That said, gonna give them a few days of constant listening to see if my ears adjust at all and maybe some wax buildup or something will tighten up the fit a bit.

So not quite 100% satisfied, but very close. And I think with a little adjustment after my ears adapt, they’ll be perfect. If I also get my superbax cable. :)

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #19 of 81
Great to hear (pun intended) of your impressions so far. As for the fit, as I’ve mentioned, mine didn’t feel 100% perfect at first (although they were always better than any IEM I ever felt in my ears) but after wearing for a while are the best fitting and best sounding IEM’s I have ever had hands down...as you mention maybe you need a tweak which I’ve heard they take care of very quickly.

I’m sure they will get your cable situation squared away, try emailing the person I spoke to at UE: Lorden Fok...her email is lfok@logitech.com

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #20 of 81
So after a days worth of use, I’ve gotten accustomed to putting them in my ears now. The left is still easier to get a good seal, but the right, if I pull my ear up a bit when inserting it, it sits perfectly. It also seems to take about 2 minutes or so for my ear to warm up and seal properly. Weird, but that’s the way it is. Now that I’ve got the fit all squared away, I’m ridiculously happy with them. They sound fantastic, feel great and look pretty good to boot.

I emailed last night about the cable situation and they apologized and they are sending me the superbax and they sent me a return label for the other two cables. Was kind of hoping they’d let me keep the Bluetooth for my trouble, but that was not to be I guess. I have the Radson ES100 for Bluetooth connections anyway, and I’m sure it’ll sound that much bette with it. Can’t wait for the superbax to arrive.

One thing to note, these things really do open up with a little more power. I plugged them in directly to my Pixel 3 and iPad Pro and they sounded good (via usb c to 3.5mm obviously). However, plug the Dragonfly Cobalt or the ES100 in and wow...these things are monsters with the extra power. So completely satisfied, I got rid of or am making some plans to get rid of quite a bit of my collection because I know I just won’t use them.

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #21 of 81
So after a days worth of use, I’ve gotten accustomed to putting them in my ears now. The left is still easier to get a good seal, but the right, if I pull my ear up a bit when inserting it, it sits perfectly. It also seems to take about 2 minutes or so for my ear to warm up and seal properly. Weird, but that’s the way it is. Now that I’ve got the fit all squared away, I’m ridiculously happy with them. They sound fantastic, feel great and look pretty good to boot.

I emailed last night about the cable situation and they apologized and they are sending me the superbax and they sent me a return label for the other two cables. Was kind of hoping they’d let me keep the Bluetooth for my trouble, but that was not to be I guess. I have the Radson ES100 for Bluetooth connections anyway, and I’m sure it’ll sound that much bette with it. Can’t wait for the superbax to arrive.

One thing to note, these things really do open up with a little more power. I plugged them in directly to my Pixel 3 and iPad Pro and they sounded good (via usb c to 3.5mm obviously). However, plug the Dragonfly Cobalt or the ES100 in and wow...these things are monsters with the extra power. So completely satisfied, I got rid of or am making some plans to get rid of quite a bit of my collection because I know I just won’t use them.

Was going to say it's recommended to give it a week or so before making a decision on the fit, but seems you've hit on the sweet spot anyway. Would recommend keeping at least a couple of your collection as backups, or for times you don't want to risk your new ciems. Enjoy.

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #22 of 81
Was going to say it's recommended to give it a week or so before making a decision on the fit, but seems you've hit on the sweet spot anyway. Would recommend keeping at least a couple of your collection as backups, or for times you don't want to risk your new ciems. Enjoy.

Haha, yeah, well obviously I've got a bunch of lower priced options that will never leave my collection. I just got rid of a couple. :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #23 of 81

As you know, I share your satisfaction with the UE CSX’s.

And it’s funny...IEM’s have been an obsession of mine for quite some time...the good news is how much I love the UE’s...and the bad news is (if it can be considered bad) that I really don’t need any others so I won’t be buying any in the future...I even recently tried another pair that was well reviewed in another thread on here but ended up returning them because they were no where near as good and it would be just a waste of money to keep them...

Great stuff!!

Aug 16, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #24 of 81
As you know, I share your satisfaction with the UE CSX’s.

And it’s funny...IEM’s have been an obsession of mine for quite some time...the good news is how much I love the UE’s...and the bad news is (if it can be considered bad) that I really don’t need any others so I won’t be buying any in the future...I even recently tried another pair that was well reviewed in another thread on here but ended up returning them because they were no where near as good and it would be just a waste of money to keep them...

Great stuff!!

Funny how that works out huh? This hobby is all about chasing the next...but I guess once you spend a grand on some headphones (at least the CX11s), it kind of is the end of the line. Now it's about chasing sources!

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #26 of 81
Got my Superbax cable today...and I’m definitely glad I decided on that cable. It’s so good. So thin, so strong, sounds great. The original mic cable is good, but not in the same league as the superbax. So if you don’t need a mic or Bluetooth, definitely do the same thing I did and request the Superbax.

Aug 17, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #27 of 81
Got my Superbax cable today...and I’m definitely glad I decided on that cable. It’s so good. So thin, so strong, sounds great. The original mic cable is good, but not in the same league as the superbax. So if you don’t need a mic or Bluetooth, definitely do the same thing I did and request the Superbax.
How's the tangle factor on it?

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #28 of 81
How's the tangle factor on it?

Zero issues. So light and thin, it doesn’t bend easy resulting in tangles, just kind of bounces back to straight. It’s really crazy.

The one that comes standard w/ the mic is good too...I just hate microphones on my cables. Less potential points of failure. And I don’t use them w/ bluetooth so didn’t really like either of those cables. Superbax is a great compromise IMO.

The microphone cable doesn’t have a chin slider, which I find important a for over the ear headphones. Another plus of the Superbax.

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #30 of 81
I'm about 95% satisfied.

The right ear just isn't absolute perfect like the left, but as soon as my ear warms up w/ the earphone in it seals perfectly. It just is ever so slightly different in terms of fit than the left. Thinking about just coating the ear drum part with a bit of clear nail polish just to add a tiny bit of thickness to the part that sticks in my ear. That is the only thing that makes them "imperfect". Otherwise, their customer service, the product performance, etc has been 100% perfect. Can't complain there at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back