Just Got My UE5c's!
Oct 20, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #91 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
LOL, about as much as I've got against Britney Spears...
smily_headphones1.gif

You wish you'd got something against Britney Spears!!
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #92 of 103
Big D, just wandering if you now have any preference to one iem vs the other? We know how lindrone feels, it would nice to have another voice. I know you gave a small review but now you've had the 2x-s for a while.

Sorry if this is off topic but most of the threads seem to be.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #93 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
Big D, just wandering if you now have any preference to one iem vs the other? We know how lindrone feels, it would nice to have another voice. I know you gave a small review but now you've had the 2x-s for a while.

Sorry if this is off topic but most of the threads seem to be.

I am still getting the fit right on my new hard acrylic UE-10 Pro and they are going back to have the stems bulked up a little. My Sensas have already been returned as I think I have had the same problem as you with the stems being too long. Either that or the angle they are cut at means there is some impingement as I move my jaw.

When I have both of them with a good seal I will be able to post some more detailed impressions. My original impressions compared my old soft acrylic UEs, which fitted excellently, to the 2X-S.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #94 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
You wish you'd got something against Britney Spears!!
tongue.gif

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #96 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
I am still getting the fit right on my new hard acrylic UE-10 Pro and they are going back to have the stems bulked up a little. My Sensas have already been returned as I think I have had the same problem as you with the stems being too long. Either that or the angle they are cut at means there is some impingement as I move my jaw.

When I have both of them with a good seal I will be able to post some more detailed impressions. My original impressions compared my old soft acrylic UEs, which fitted excellently, to the 2X-S.

Thanks. Having the stems too long just made it very hard to insert. Once I got them in, I had no problems but the shorter stems are even more comfortable (along with the quick insertion).

Hopefully you'll get all your fit issues sorted out soon.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #97 of 103
Oct 20, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #98 of 103
Everyone with IEMs on here has gotten them pretty recently. Does anybody know what the life expectency of these are? Is there any reason to believe that the acryllic UEs would be more durable than the silicone Sensas?

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #99 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
Thanks. Having the stems too long just made it very hard to insert. Once I got them in, I had no problems but the shorter stems are even more comfortable (along with the quick insertion).

Hopefully you'll get all your fit issues sorted out soon.

This is part of the reason custom IEMs are so expensive and also why the customer service from UE and Sensaphonics is so good. I always maintain that it is how a company treats you when they no longer have money to make from you that sets apart the good from the great. Both UE and Sensaphonics have been great.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #100 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbk
Everyone with IEMs on here has gotten them pretty recently. Does anybody know what the life expectency of these are? Is there any reason to believe that the acryllic UEs would be more durable than the silicone Sensas?

No-one really knows. The only thing for certain is that UE offer a 12 month warranty and Sensaphonics a 6 month one. You'll only be able to guarantee they'll last that long.

Both companies offer a 30 day warranty on the fit.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #101 of 103
Quote:

..when it comes down to it, the famous musicians that makes it on their clientele list most likely don't give a damn on what they use.. it's all up to the sound engineer they employ.

...and if the sound engineer made poor decisions, they would be sent walking. Therefore, I don't buy that argument.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #102 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
...and if the sound engineer made poor decisions, they would be sent walking. Therefore, I don't buy that argument.

They're all EQ'd out all over the place anyway, like the musician could really tell what the IEM really sound like when they're "raw". There's a couple good stories that Lisa told me...

One of the musician she worked with loved the Sensaphonics sound, but they hired this new sound engineer that wanted to use FutureSonics instead. Lisa told them about how the ported IEM's will not protect her hearing, but in the end, the sound engineer told her that she has to use FutureSonics for whatever reason... So eventually she switched to using FutureSonics, although she kept her Sensaphonics for her own personal use, but the tour was done using FutureSonics's ported IEM's.

Just very recently, she was working with a band, the band wanted to get Sensaphonics.. they came in for their fittings, and will have the IEM's shipped directly to them. Two weeks after the order, their sound engineer called her and told her that they will not be using Sensaphonics, and they want to switch to a different brand. Even though the IEM's were already ordered and shipped on their way, they wanted to "cancel" the order, and won't pay for it. So Lisa was screwed out of $4000 and some odd change.

Ironically, sound engineers seem to have more say in what they want to work with than one would think. Given that most musicians don't care much about playback equipment... I've got plenty of musician friends (and here in San Francisco you have half a city full of them) who can't tell the difference between my CD3000 and V6's.

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #103 of 103
Quote:

I've got plenty of musician friends (and here in San Francisco you have half a city full of them) who can't tell the difference between my CD3000 and V6's.

Probably b/c concerts and rehearsals are so damn loud! (the sound exposure chart on my ER-20 earplugs says that safe exposure to rock concert levels of 112dB, in "hours per week", is 1.25 hrs w/ the earplugs, and just 5 minutes with no ear protection!)
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back