Just got my PS-1s .... WOW
May 3, 2005 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

brianknewbie

100+ Head-Fier
Never thought I'd spend $1400 on headphones
redface.gif

but I do admit I am pleasantly surprised. I was thinking I would not find much difference between these and the much more reasonably priced MS2i's but the difference enough is for me to justify keeping the PS-1. Was also expecting the bass to be overpowering but am VERY pleased so far. Usually I don't even listen to the headphones before burning them in extensively but I couldnt resist with these
evil_smiley.gif

I'll be placing the MS2is up for sale soon -- feel free to PM me if interested. 2 1/2 months old, absolutely perfect condition (never even taken outside, have been on my desk the whole time).

May 3, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 64
Congrats on your new cans. Now if only grado would sell them in the US for a decent price.
frown.gif

May 3, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Congrats on your new cans. Now if only grado would sell them in the US for a decent price.
frown.gif

or actually, anywhere for a decent price.
wink.gif

May 3, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 64
Actually the price in Germany has dropped I believe from 1200 euro to 1050 euro which makes them slightly cheaper than new RS-1's in the UK!

May 4, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 64
I have to agree, I love my PS-1's!
icon10.gif
I'm not sure that you will find that they change very much with burn-in, mine did at the very beginning but it didn't take long for them to stop changing.

May 5, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 64
your name is newbie and you have PS1's? wow... nice choice!

May 5, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx

I was thinking the same thing. He's got the newbie name, but not newbie equipment!

icon10.gif
Abe

May 5, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #9 of 64
Ever heard of the Sennheiser Orpheus, Sony Qualia 010/MDR R10, Audio Technica L3000, Stax Omega II+SRM007t, Sensaphonics 2X-S, or Ultimate Ears UE10-Pro? There's your answer right there.

icon10.gif
Abe

May 5, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #10 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthrax
what ?

$1400 for a pair of headphones ?

is that possible ?

You have 90 posts here and you are asking that?

May 5, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 64
I think expensive headphones represent a much better value than buying a lot of $200-$300 setups.

Plenty of people here have three or more headphones in that value range when I think they'd be better served by a single high-tier headphone.

Seriously, how many people do you hear complain about their Stax system?

May 5, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #12 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
I think expensive headphones represent a much better value than buying a lot of $200-$300 setups.

Plenty of people here have three or more headphones in that value range when I think they'd be better served by a single high-tier headphone.

Seriously, how many people do you hear complain about their Stax system?

usually you dont - because they quietly slink away and sell them.

if there's one thing more painful than making an extremely expensive purchase that you find out you dont like, it's letting others know. i'll oblige them, and not publish names, but really - you'd be surprised how many people the search function turns up who start threads in the headphones forum asking about stax setups, buy them, start their own 'mini review'/'impressions' threads and then eventually post in the FS forum.

wink.gif

May 6, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
usually you dont - because they quietly slink away and sell them.

if there's one thing more painful than making an extremely expensive purchase that you find out you dont like, it's letting others know. i'll oblige them, and not publish names, but really - you'd be surprised how many people the search function turns up who start threads in the headphones forum asking about stax setups, buy them, start their own 'mini review'/'impressions' threads and then eventually post in the FS forum.

wink.gif

Hmm you raise a good point. I am not keen on the ps-1's, can't stand the r-10's. I just don't enjoy high end headphones that much, maybe I expect too much from them? If I don't like them I just lend them to people who have never heard them. I don't really like selling stuff.

May 10, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx

biggrin.gif

yes I chose that name very early into head-fi-dom....back when I thought I was gonna be fine with just an Airhead and 280 Pros....

very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway I bought the RS-1s a few days ago from HeadRoom to compare -- and for me, it is no contest -- I'll be returning the RS-1s tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back