Just Got My G5 Ipod!
Oct 19, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #61 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
Hey, do you also notice static hiss through the headphone out wth the E4C when on pause? Try pausing it, and then unplugging the headphones and listening for a "blackness" transition.

A little bit yes, but I notice that hiss with the shures with my photo, nano, and did with my mini as well. It's not any better or worse than than the others.

I suspect that the high level of isolation with the shures greatly lowers the floor at which you can hear background hiss

Oct 19, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #62 of 119
question... does the 5g ipod come with an AC adapter for charging away from the computer, or does that have to be bought as a separate accessory?

Oct 19, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #63 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
question... does the 5g ipod come with an AC adapter for charging away from the computer, or does that have to be bought as a separate accessory?

It doesn't come with an AC adapter.

Oct 19, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #64 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord

freakin' highway robbery.
mad.gif

gonna buy one anyway.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #65 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord

That's just complete BS. That's a pretty vital piece to have and to have you buy it separately?

I admire their strides in designing, business and marketing but come on.

Oct 19, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #67 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
That's just complete BS. That's a pretty vital piece to have and to have you buy it separately?

I admire their strides in designing, business and marketing but come on.

Frankly I'm blown away by all the posts I see 'thanking' Apple for their pricing on the 5Gs. Sure they carried the previous price structure over to the new products, but if you add all the things you used to get for free, the goddam thing costs a mint! Now Apple also wants cash from 3rd party companies that want to make accessories. I'm curious to see what the effect will be on the quality of 3rd party products.

Oct 19, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #69 of 119
FYI for the old schoolers with Firewire adapters... the 5G will still charge from firewire... this includes 3rd party accessories like the pocketdock and sik din as well.

I also just noticed my 5G isn't showing how much space has been used in the "about" screen... do you get this too cookie?

Oct 20, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #71 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by outsidelookingin
meh, oh well. Good thing I have friends with mini's that have them plugged to an icarplay 24/7 and never use thier adapters :p

Still, most electronics, even portables come with a power adapters, it's just a given. I guess that's fine if you have to charge using the usb cable, but still, if you don't have access to a computer for awhile (let's say you're traveling and you don't have a laptop), then what?

The price would be decent if it came with appropriate accessories. I could see it coming down $50 fairly soon though.

Anyway, I'm done bitching since I own two and actually like them.
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #72 of 119
Pleeez post if you encounter vbr files skipping anyone. Its the only thing holding me back from purchasing one. also, has anyone used any ipod with usb 1? does it work???

Oct 20, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #73 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
Hey, do you also notice static hiss through the headphone out wth the E4C when on pause? Try pausing it, and then unplugging the headphones and listening for a "blackness" transition.

damn.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
A little bit yes, but I notice that hiss with the shures with my photo, nano, and did with my mini as well. It's not any better or worse than than the others.

I suspect that the high level of isolation with the shures greatly lowers the floor at which you can hear background hiss

double damn.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I'm just riding out the storm with my trusty one and a half year old 3G 40gig iPod.

Me too?

i dunno

Oct 20, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #74 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
Still, most electronics, even portables come with a power adapters, it's just a given. I guess that's fine if you have to charge using the usb cable, but still, if you don't have access to a computer for awhile (let's say you're traveling and you don't have a laptop), then what?

Buy one of these:

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...045&pfp=BROWSE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back