Just got my first lighter (Zippo) today! [PICS]
Sep 11, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 83
I've lost too many Zippos to ever buy one again. I just stick with matches or a BIC lighter.

Sep 11, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #17 of 83
It looks like Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4 has a Zippo too.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #19 of 83
i've always wanted a Zappa Zippo.
mostly because it's fun to say out loud.

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 83
i have 4 zippos...

zippokl2.jpg

3 of them need new flints and the one on the left for some reason has lost the trademark *click*

the 1941 replica (the one on the right) is the one i use... i carry it in one of those leather pouches (specifically the one with the metal belt clip)

Sep 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #22 of 83
Nice. I love Zippos. Unfortunately, I lost my favorite one (one of the slim ones, in flat green). I have an iridescent (not my color choice, but whatever..) full size one somewhere, but I haven't used it since I quit smoking. They are great lighters and classy.

I learned to open and light the Zippo with one hand only (no rubbing the striker/wheel thing on anything other than that same hand) and that was a lot of fun.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #23 of 83
I used to carry around my Zippo and whenever someone was looking for a light for their cigarette, I would pull out my Zippo and light it for them.

Then one day this old guy asked me if I smoke, and I said, "No".

Then he asked me why I carry a lighter around if I don't smoke.

I didn't have an answer for him, but the real reason was because carrying a lighter around was fun.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #25 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to carry around my Zippo and whenever someone was looking for a light for their cigarette, I would pull out my Zippo and light it for them.

Then one day this old guy asked me if I smoke, and I said, "No".

Then he asked me why I carry a lighter around if I don't smoke.

I didn't have an answer for him, but the real reason was because carrying a lighter around was fun.

i would have said "so i can set fire to people who ask why i carry a lighter if i don't smoke"

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #26 of 83
i also recently bought a zippo. I don't smoke either (except for the occasional pipe or hookah). I bought the pipe zippo because it can be tilted sideways to light pipes.

Mainly, i got the zippo to 1. always have fire with me and 2. play with whilst bored.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #27 of 83
Mine looks like this:
venetian_black.jpg

Only had it for a couple of months. I always lose my bic lighters so I decided to buy a Zippo so I wouldn't be so careless and lose it. It's fun and I just snap my finger and it's open and lit.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #28 of 83
Zippos are great. And they are in a way like historical relics, especially the old vintage ones. I would like to get a cool vintage Zippo someday. But I have to admit that I do like matches too.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #29 of 83
I like zippos a lot, they are fun to play around with, but as a smoker I don't use them because I find the fluid effects the taste.
redface.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #30 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zippo lighters are always nice to have around. I personlly have one of dunhill lighter to carry around
wink.gif

x2. I've got a vintage Rollagas that gets a fair amount of use. I've also got a Windmill survival lighter and quite a few Zippos. I don't smoke, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back