Just got my first lighter (Zippo) today! [PICS]
Sep 22, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #46 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice HDS EDC hiding in the back there.
wink.gif

Looks like a Seiko Tuna Can in there, too. Or maybe a Vader, it's hard to tell. All the same, very nice! I've always wanted a shrouded Seiko diver.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #49 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...who can do zippo tricks?

I can light mine. Does it count?
tongue.gif

Open lid, flip finger... he he

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #50 of 83
Zippo lighters are cool. Much more fun than butane lighters. It's amazing the variety of models that are available. I have a couple from my days as a tobacco junky. I now have a really fine cigar lighter (butane) that I use now for setting off fireworks (it's wind proof). I think that the fluid in the zippo flame would do my rare cigar an injustice. So butane for me. But I have my zippo memories.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #51 of 83
is it bad that this thread makes me miss cigarettes?

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #53 of 83
Oct 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #54 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it bad that this thread makes me miss cigarettes?

This thread - and Zippo lighters in general, really - want me to start smoking!

Hey, will any lighter fluid do? Or should we really stick to Zippo. Also, is there much leakage with these? Can I just put them in my pant pocket? I bought a few second hand, but haven't started using them yet. Will post pics when my latest one arrives. It has The Beatles logo emblazoned across it! Woot!

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #57 of 83
i can do a cool trick with my zippo...

i can make fire

Nov 3, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #58 of 83
I actually don't want to learn tricks with it, mainly because I just love setting stuff on fire.
tongue.gif

Today I literally burned a few CDs, and I made one into some kind of demented art form: parts of it are split by melted plastic, and other parts of it have frozen drips of hot silicon junk.

I proudly hung it over the top shelf in the bathroom; I'm waiting for my roommate to see it.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back