Just got my Fiio E10 from Adorama's Black Friday sale for 45 bucks and it.....doesn't work?
Nov 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hipolymer

New Head-Fier
I got it in an unsealed aluminum container with no usb cable (not sure if I was even supposed to get one, but I have an aftermarket one so it didn't matter much) and I also didn't get the rubber feet pads. Didn't think much of it but when I plugged it into my PC and my HD558s into the E10, no sound came from my headphones. The blue LED lights up but there's no sound at all.

Am I just completely missing something here or should I try to get a refund? This is my first external DAC so don't fault me for any oversights on my part, lol. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 11
I just started using USB as well cause I am using my optical out for something else and it gets annoying like that sometimes where the only thing that fixes it is a restart... anyway glad I could help.

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 11
Okay, there's a new problem now. I can't hear any sound when watching a video on the internet. Listening to music with the E10 works fine but how can I set the internet to output sound through the E10 as well? It only works when I disconnect the E10.

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #10 of 11
Okay, there's a new problem now. I can't hear any sound when watching a video on the internet. Listening to music with the E10 works fine but how can I set the internet to output sound through the E10 as well? It only works when I disconnect the E10.

When you have the E10 connected try closing and reopening your browser. :smile:

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #11 of 11
I got it in an unsealed aluminum container with no usb cable (not sure if I was even supposed to get one, but I have an aftermarket one so it didn't matter much) and I also didn't get the rubber feet pads.

Hey, as far as the feet and usb cable, in the box it came in, the e10 itself should have been sitting in a little black almost "velour" type thing. Pull this up out of the tin and underneath should be what you are looking for. Let me know if this works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back