Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 6, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #482 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
Hi Lostprophet,

Which firmware are you using and what are you using to rip the CDs?

I'm using the non MTP firmware and WMP 10.

What I do is:

In WMP Tools > Options > Rip Music > File Name

Make sure you select Track Number, then whatever else you want. I use a space as the separator. So you should get something that looks like:

01 Song Name.WMA

The ZM displays the song data from what is download from the Online Music Databases, not the file name. However, when you copy the files over they stay in the album order because of the numbering.

Cheers...Chris

Thanks Phaenom. I use WMP10 for ripping and i used the WE for transfering files.

I have the first firmware, but thats all.
cool.gif

Jan 6, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #483 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision_Tim
Bought it at Buy.com on Sunday, arrived today. Black... limited edition with the extra battery! Sweet!

oh i hate you! I ordered mine 2-day fedex on sunday too, from pcmall.com, when they Said they were in stock, only to find out tuesday taht they're backordered and I won't be getting it for a while. I want my micro! I want the remote too. ARrgggg

Jan 6, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #485 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Ive transferred a lot of albums onto my creative zen micro, all legal, yet it plays the songs in the wrong order. Is there anyway i can make it play them in the right order.
plainface.gif

Probably when you ripped or downloaded the files, they didn't have correct - or any - track number information with their ID3 tags.

You can fix this manually using Creative's software or something like Winamp.
icon10.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #488 of 630
I have discoverd that a Zen fits quite nicely in a Nokia 3310 leather case.Theres a slot at the top that i widend slightly for the headphonejack and the front clear panel allows the buttons to work ok
smily_headphones1.gif

it will do till i can get a proper case
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:36 AM Post #489 of 630
Well i tried the new firmware update agian and Success! works great now, i dont know why it didnt work before. and to anyone looking for a place to but a zen micro got grab one off of www.newegg.com they have orange, black, white, and silver. all of them fly off the shelves but they restock very often and have it back up for availability with in a week usually. But the best reason you should choose newegg. cause it its lightning fast (on the west coast anyway, i dont know bout east) i ordered mine on monday with standard ship and a 3 dollar rush order and it showed up wednesday afternoon!
basshead.gif
i was very surprised.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #490 of 630
People have noticed two different sets of icons on different Micros. After using both, I found that the textures of the touchpad are different on each. The one with word "Back" printed on the back button has a smoother texture than the other model. I think I prefer the one without the word, because it provides a tiny bit more friction, making it easier to scroll accurately.

Also, the smoother one has thinner letters and icons.

Jan 7, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #492 of 630
He,
I have just bought my Zen Micro and it is being imported from America.
I have a few questions about the player that I hope some of you can help me with.

Firstly when adding different albums by the same artist will the tracks appear in folders under the album they are on or will they all appear as one mass list when you select the artist.
EG I have like 7 Linkin Park CDs, when I add these to the player will each album be listed seperatley under Linkin Park in the Library, or will they all be together?
If together is it possible to add folders?

When transfering from your PC, can you copy straight from the D drive?
So the files don't necessarily have to be on your computer and can be copied straight from a CD.

Really lookin forward to gettin the player after reading all the reviews in this forum.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Jan 7, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #493 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by danhenshy23
Firstly when adding different albums by the same artist will the tracks appear in folders under the album they are on or will they all appear as one mass list when you select the artist.
EG I have like 7 Linkin Park CDs, when I add these to the player will each album be listed seperatley under Linkin Park in the Library, or will they all be together?
If together is it possible to add folders?

I don't have mine yet
frown.gif
, but i'm pretty sure it depends on which option you are looking through in the player. If you look through artists, it will show linkin park, and then if you select that it will have each album listed, and then each album will have the songs listed for that album. If you go through the songs, it should have them all listed one after another. Someone correct me if i'm wrong about this. Of course, it will read the id3 tags, so they have to be tagged with the album for them to be recognized that way.

Jan 8, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #494 of 630
You're right. Each album appears under artist.

Yes, you can add files from anywhere to the Zen Micro. Just drag/drop to the Micro in My Computer once you've gotten the software on the CD installed. There's no library you have to organize, build, and sync.

Jan 8, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #495 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
People have noticed two different sets of icons on different Micros. After using both, I found that the textures of the touchpad are different on each. The one with word "Back" printed on the back button has a smoother texture than the other model. I think I prefer the one without the word, because it provides a tiny bit more friction, making it easier to scroll accurately.

Also, the smoother one has thinner letters and icons.

Yes i got one from a shop with the old style Buttons but took it bk and got another befor xmas with new style buttons and i asked some1 if they felt any difrrence cause i though it was lol guess i know now i was right

rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back