Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 5, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #466 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadTrying
I Have a silver Zen Micro and am also finding the Play and Menu buttons hard to press.

I realised the Zen seems to have a strange behaviour: When the headphones are not plugged in the Play, Back button and menu button become very unresponsive. This is a very wierd flaw! i Don't know whether it can be fixed by firmware as it seems to be more of a hardware problem.

A friend suggested it might be like that on purpose, but why disable those buttons and not the |<, >| and scroll pad, and whatsmore, shouldn't there be something in the manual about it as well as an option to disable this 'feature'?

My Play and Option (or Menu?) button is ok, only the Back button is having this problem.

But What you mentioned above seems true!!!
eek.gif
When I removed my headphone, the Back button seems become more unresponsive. When I plug in back the headphone, the Back button become more responsive and acceptable. Hmm.... may need to check with Creative headquater in Singapore....

Jan 5, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #469 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent_Mull
Just got mine back from Creative, and it is the new style with the simpler buttons. I can't wait to really use this thing.

What color did you get? How can you tell if you got the new style?

Jan 6, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #470 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24

The "Back" and "Menu" buttons are different on the new style. The back is a an arrow pointing left with no word "back" underneath it. Can't remember how the menu button differs, but it does. I think someone posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

Cheers...Chris

Jan 6, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #471 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
BIG NEWS:
I was just on Creative's website, and the wired remote for the Zen Micro is now listed. You can choose from white or black face, and it's priced at $19.99. It's listed on back-order, so I don't think it's actually out yet. I can't wait!!
smily_headphones1.gif

On a side note, does anyone know if they're gonna release a separate charger for the battery? It's getting kinda annoying to have to charge it through the player because it ties up the player for a while.

why don't they make the remote in all colors?

orange would be nicE
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #472 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Ive transferred a lot of albums onto my creative zen micro, all legal, yet it plays the songs in the wrong order. Is there anyway i can make it play them in the right order.
plainface.gif

Hi Lostprophet,

Which firmware are you using and what are you using to rip the CDs?

I'm using the non MTP firmware and WMP 10.

What I do is:

In WMP Tools > Options > Rip Music > File Name

Make sure you select Track Number, then whatever else you want. I use a space as the separator. So you should get something that looks like:

01 Song Name.WMA

The ZM displays the song data from what is download from the Online Music Databases, not the file name. However, when you copy the files over they stay in the album order because of the numbering.

Cheers...Chris

Jan 6, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #473 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Ive transferred a lot of albums onto my creative zen micro, all legal, yet it plays the songs in the wrong order. Is there anyway i can make it play them in the right order.
plainface.gif

You can fix this in Media Source by changing track numbers, but you should also listen to Phaenom to permanently fix this problem.

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #474 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24

I got the blue one.

Im wondering whether the black remote, or the white one would go better with my player.

Jan 6, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #475 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
The "Back" and "Menu" buttons are different on the new style. The back is a an arrow pointing left with no word "back" underneath it. Can't remember how the menu button differs, but it does. I think someone posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

Cheers...Chris

I meant how can you tell without opening the box and looking at it.

Jan 6, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #478 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by acoustiphile
I just ordered a slvr one off of amazon. Can't wait! What is the liklihood of it being a limited edition? Do you think creative has distributed more than 35,000 units thus far?

yeah, i think it's pretty safe to say no more limited editions

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #479 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent_Mull
I got the blue one.

Im wondering whether the black remote, or the white one would go better with my player.

I'd go with white. It gives it a more clean, uniform look. I think the black only goes well with the black player. Mine's purple, and I definitely want white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back