Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 8, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #497 of 630
I don't actually have an iPod to compare side by side, but I am pretty sure the old one feels the same as the iPod.

Also, the one with the "new" icons did come with the extra battery.

Jan 8, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #499 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Screw! I got one with old buttons (silver), but it was limited edition, so I don't know if the ones with new buttons will still be limited edition.

Does the texture feel like the ipods?

Nar i got New Version and has the Extra Battery even to me its Pointless really lol would rather have The Remote

Dont feel like the Ipods just a Bit Rougher and seems the Touchpad works alot beeter imo

Quote:

Is it true that once you upgrade to a newer firmware you can't go back to an older version?

Nar anit True, you can just Update it back to Old Firmware which is on the Creative site
biggrin.gif
Just remember to Back Up if you Downgrade Firmware aswel

Jan 9, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #500 of 630
I updated the firmware and I screwed up my micro...All it does is use windows media player 10 when ever it's connected...Questions..

1) How do I import music files to WMP

2) How do I rename my music files on WMP

3) How do I create playlist for my micro

Thanks..

Jan 9, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #502 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
Does anyone know how much space each firmware update takes up? The oldest firware (the one that comes with it) leaves 4749MB of space.
screen_19.jpg

I did the upgrade, and I don't think the 251 MB less storage is from the firmware. That's probably just Creative, like most other companies, giving you slightly less storage that advertised. The upgrades take up less than 2 MB.

Jan 9, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #503 of 630
I'm showing the same space available after going to 1.01.03. Considering it's showing space available in MB, you've got a fair bit of room to play with before it goes down to 4748MB.

ZM Firmware.jpg

Don't know about the latest one though.

Cheers...Chris

Jan 9, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #505 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
My Play and Option (or Menu?) button is ok, only the Back button is having this problem.

But What you mentioned above seems true!!!
eek.gif
When I removed my headphone, the Back button seems become more unresponsive. When I plug in back the headphone, the Back button become more responsive and acceptable. Hmm.... may need to check with Creative headquater in Singapore....

I'm in Malaysia now.... no time to check.
frown.gif

I will update if there is any new findings.

Jan 9, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #506 of 630
Okay, I am a huge Micro fan, but i have NO clue what a "firmware upgrade" is. What does it do???????????????
confused.gif
Sorry for being so behind!!!
eek.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #507 of 630
Firmware is like the operating system that controls all aspects of a device - not only the software you see and use, but all the other things that happen like battery charging and sleep. Thus, updating the firmware usually fixes bugs and adds new features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back