Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 29, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #437 of 630
u guys r so lucky, i wish i wouldve gotten a zen micro
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #438 of 630
I have done a full charge of my battery and it lasted no time at all. I let it run right down before I charged it again, until it didnt want to charge any longer (several hours). The longest I have got this battery to run for is an hour and a half of just listening to rather low quality files.

Anyone know what the problem may be? I don't want to open up the packaging of the second battery yet, but I am getting concerned.

Kris

Dec 29, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #439 of 630
yea, i have noticed that with mine to.

have you been listening to the radio alot? cuz it tends to eat up alot of the battery life.
hmm... i am just glad i got the "limited edition" so if my battery is short, then i can just slip the other one in.
lambda.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #440 of 630
ugh, creative really should come out with accesories-
pouches, cases, attachments, etc.

but i love my zen micro, and all i wanna do is make it even better with it's accessories.
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #441 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
I have found that the Zen micro fits almost perfectly into an Altoids tin.

Chop off the side wall which the headphone jack faces, and give it some felt padding, and it's a great case!

Great minds think alike! I bought a tin of Altoids and measured it and found that it is slightly larger than the Micro in all three dimensions. I am now eating 5+ Altiods/day so I can use the tin can for a hard case
icon10.gif

I shall call it Musical Mints. Or, maybe Audible Altoids...
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #443 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
ugh, creative really should come out with accesories-
pouches, cases, attachments, etc.

but i love my zen micro, and all i wanna do is make it even better with it's accessories.
frown.gif

BIG NEWS:
I was just on Creative's website, and the wired remote for the Zen Micro is now listed. You can choose from white or black face, and it's priced at $19.99. It's listed on back-order, so I don't think it's actually out yet. I can't wait!!
smily_headphones1.gif

On a side note, does anyone know if they're gonna release a separate charger for the battery? It's getting kinda annoying to have to charge it through the player because it ties up the player for a while.

Dec 30, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #444 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
Can you post a couple of pics? I would be interested to see what you've done.

Cheers...Chris

I am getting access to a digital camera tomorrow.

Dec 30, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #447 of 630
Just a personal experience, yours may be different with mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

The most FAQ: How good the sound quality is for the Zen Micro?

If I compare the sound quality with EMU series and ESI Juli@ soundcard, that will be unfair. But even comparing with SoundBlaster Audigy series and M-Audio Revo series soundcard, I still feel that the output of soundcard still sounds better. Maybe that's me, but I do wish to have a dedicated DAC for audio output instead of using codec in MP3 player.
tongue.gif

Anyway, if compare with other competitors such as iPod, especially 3G iPod, which I have listened quite a number of times, it is no doubt that Zen Micro sound better, at least on my ears it do sound better. No idea comparing with iPod Mini, since I don't own one. But my friend who listened to both prefer Zen Micro.
tongue.gif

Never had a chance to play with iRiver players, thus cannot comment much. The same apply to RIO Karma/Carbon.

One thing for sure, during my listening session using Audio Technica ATH-EM7 headphone, I found something is missing: Details. I compare the ATH-EM7 headphone with Bang & Olufsen A8 earphone (thanx to Gerald), as well as Sennheiser HD202 (thanx to Clement). The comparison result makes my doubt become more realistic. In the comparison, HD202 has the least details, because it render almost everything to low frequency. But comparing ATH-EM7 with B&O A8, ATH-EM7 definately is losing the edge.

That translate a better headphone when pairing with Zen Micro, it do sound better. How much budget to strip for a better headphone is much depending personal preference.

Oh, it do really look "cool" when it was at night. I remember it was night time when I travel last Thrusday. The glow do looks interesting in the dark and that really attract many people attention.
wink.gif

User interface is simple and straight forward. So far ok for me though I do not read any manual. Until when I want to manual scan a FM station then only I ask for my friend's help, and that's the only help I asked so far.

Do I have any gripe with Zen Micro? Unfortunately yes.

My main gripe is most of my Chinese songs unable to transfer using Zen Media Explorer. All the Chinese songs play well in my Win XP system at home, display the Chinese characters accordingly, thus I do not understand why Media Explorer cannot see the song title as in Window Explorer, and of coz cannot transfer the songs too. All it can see is only ??.mp3. Yes, question marks, that's what it seen. My MuVo does not have this problem.

So I try out this morning again at home, instead of using Media Explorer, I use Window Explorer to drag and drop the music files to my Zen Micro. Woolah!!! The Chinese songs transfer without a problem. But when I turn on my player and try to playback the files, I cannot find my Chinese Songs in my units. I have no choice but plug it back to my system. Accessing the unit by using Window Explorer, the files are there. Open up using Media Explorer, yup, the files are there. After a few thought, I decide using Media Explorer to create a playlist. Unplug the unit again from the system, search for the playlist that I created and play. Yup, now all the files are there. Though the songs still show ?? or ???, but now they do play fine. I try again by playing "All Track" under Music Library, all the files are there and can be play too. Guess I must mess up something previously.

One more thing: FM Receiving is not that good. I am ok with it, since I seldom using any MP3 players for FM listening nowadays, but I can feel the frustration of users who use it to listen to radio equally to mp3 songs.

About the touch pad, I purposely buying the black color player to try out this. Every button works fine for me except the BACK button. I need to tap slightly above the back arrow silkscreen instead onto it, and I need to press it with my whole thumb and sometime I need to press it hard, so that it is activated normally.

I have not used any other Zen Micro functions/features, I do not think I will as of now. May be others will use. If it have games such as Brick, that will be good and most likely I will use it, though may not frequently. After all, it is just a MP3 player for me.

I will be appreciated if there is separate charger to charge up the battery, so that I can still use my Zen Micro freely rather than stuck in one place if I have extra battery.

That's all my personal experience with Zen Micro, any input is welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

[Edited] more variant soundcard option.

Dec 31, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #449 of 630
CLICK HERE AND TAKE THE ZEN MICRO POLL!

answer honestly- everyone is aloud to take it!

COMMENT ON THIS THREAD BY SAYING THE WORDS "I TOOK THIS POLL" TO KEEP IT ON THE MAIN DISCUSSION BOARD SO MORE PEOPLE CAN TAKE IT! THANKS!

SEND THIS POLL TO YOUR FRIENDS, SO EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW THE PUBLIC SEES ZEN MICRO!

- DANNY

[size=small][size=small]PS- TO SEE MY NEW ORANGE ZEN MICRO- CLICK ON THE LINK WHICH IS THE ZEN MICRO PICTURE THREAD![/size][/size]
CLICK HERE TO SEE ORANGE ZEN MICRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back