Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 27, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #421 of 630
Rockit,

Thanks for the pics, they're very controversial.
smily_headphones1.gif

I especially like the one with the butterfinger pack as comparrison. I do hope you're a Broncos fan, what with the orange and blue...

Cheers...Chris

Dec 27, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #422 of 630
haha no problem!
cool.gif

see, i loved all of the colors really, and i was thinkin of getting silver or black, but then i found orange in stock and i had to get it
orphsmile.gif
. i think it looks soooo cool with the contrast of orange and blue- it looks like a butterfinger! ahaha.

`danny

Dec 27, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #423 of 630
The new buttons contrast better with the face (esp. black), which is probably why they changed them.
I am trying to wait until the price of the Micro drops before I buy one, but, with the price of the Carbon now down to $200, it is getting very hard.

Dec 29, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #428 of 630
Guys... I just received my Zen Micro (white) today. The manual says it comes with a few songs, and that I can use it while it's charging.

WELL...
I can't get it to turn on.

I followed instructions:
> Put in a battery
* here it started making a little noise I assumed was hard drive access... This continued for a lot longer than I expected. I believe the screen showed "CREATIVE" the entire time since when I put in the battery.
> Connected the unit to a USB cable
> Plugged in the charge cable to my outlet.
* Somehow, I was under the impression that you could move files while charging.... I guess not.
* Blue lights came on
* Screen STILL said/says "CREATIVE" (and it's been an hour by the time I wrote this).
* Screen does NOT show battery status indicator, like it said it would in the manual.

What's wrong!? What do i do?!
confused.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #430 of 630
Creative has released a new firmware upgrade:

Creative Zen Micro *PlaysForSure/MTP Firmware 2.00.12

http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/...sp?nProdID=556

Looks like there are some issues with it though, evidently it makes the ZM compatible with WMP 10 and Windows explorer. However, at this point in time it does not support MediaSource. So if you're going to try it out, I'd recommend you make sure you have a copy of the last firmware release 1.01.03. I haven't had the chance to install it yet, so I can’t make any comments other than hearsay. I plan on installing it over the next couple of days; since I have to make sure I backup all my songs (the upgrade formats the device).

Cheers...Chris

Dec 29, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #431 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
Creative has released a new firmware upgrade:

Creative Zen Micro *PlaysForSure/MTP Firmware 2.00.12

http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/...sp?nProdID=556

Looks like there are some issues with it though, evidently it makes the ZM compatible with WMP 10 and Windows explorer. However, at this point in time it does not support MediaSource. So if you're going to try it out, I'd recommend you make sure you have a copy of the last firmware release 1.01.03. I haven't had the chance to install it yet, so I can’t make any comments other than hearsay. I plan on installing it over the next couple of days; since I have to make sure I backup all my songs (the upgrade formats the device).

Cheers...Chris

How do you back up the audio and data files on the zen micro?

Dec 29, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #432 of 630
It means that you have to make sure the audio and data files are on your computer before you upgrade the firmware. The upgrade process involves deleting everything from the Micro's HD. SO, if they are not already on your computer, transfer them before you upgrade the firmware.

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #433 of 630
I want a Micro very badly. I do not want to order online because returning it would be very stressful should something go wrong. I checked my local CompUSA(s), but they didn't have any. Also, I think CompUSA only sells the silver Micros, but I want a black one. Does anyone know of any other store that sells them?

Someone told me that firmware upgrades can not be reversed on the Micro. Is this true?

Dec 29, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #434 of 630
I have found that the Zen micro fits almost perfectly into an Altoids tin.

Chop off the side wall which the headphone jack faces, and give it some felt padding, and it's a great case!

Dec 29, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #435 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
I have found that the Zen micro fits almost perfectly into an Altoids tin.

Chop off the side wall which the headphone jack faces, and give it some felt padding, and it's a great case!

Can you post a couple of pics? I would be interested to see what you've done.

Cheers...Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back