Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 15, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #271 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenman_Belg
I think Dixons have it in there stores, so says a pal in Dublin.

As i said in myearlier post, thats where i went to day and they did have it, but only 1 in stock and it was silver. Im looking just to get it after xmas now.

Dec 15, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #273 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
As i said in myearlier post, thats where i went to day and they did have it, but only 1 in stock and it was silver. Im looking just to get it after xmas now.

Ye I see that, I dived in to let you know it was advertised in Dublin at 279Euro its also in Peats.ie . I have the silver micro but since I'm an oul fella colour and style was not a factor.
Good luck with your new toy when you get it!!!!

Dec 16, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #274 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenman_Belg
Ye I see that, I dived in to let you know it was advertised in Dublin at 279Euro its also in Peats.ie . I have the silver micro but since I'm an oul fella colour and style was not a factor.
Good luck with your new toy when you get it!!!!

lol thanks, i think the Silver looks really cool, but i think it may look better in white imo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #275 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
What is the clam shell?

it's the white shell that comes with the player so you can insert it in to offer some protection in case you drop it. Look at the pics above, it's sitting in this shell.

Dec 16, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #276 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by dlrpkris
After hearing a variety of reports on the net, I am not totally sure if the player can save files in folders or if everything is jumbled up as one. Can someone clarify?

Also, exactly how does their limited edition (with extra battery) system work? It is that just a few extra battery versions are mixed with ones without them. or are all the zen micros that are available now coming with the extra battery?

Thanks,

Chris

The first 35,000 units came with the extra battery. As for save in folders....of course it saves your albums in folder, for example:

Artist: Metallica: Ride the Lightning
Master of puppets

Click on Artist, scroll down to Metallica, click on Metallica and you'll see whatever albums you have on your player list, from their select whichever album you want to listen to.

Let's say you upload 200 mp3's of various songs you like, with MediaSource, you can rename the albums they may have attached to them so you can put them in folders, so to speak (ie. Sounds of the 80's volume one, etc etc).

Dec 16, 2004 at 10:02 AM Post #277 of 630
As you can see, I know a Zen Micro but I still have one big question...
The big disadvantage for me is that it doesn't allow too much 'shaking', as you can read on Zen Micro FAQ:
Quote:

Can I jog with my Zen Micro?

You should not subject Zen Micro to continuous shocks, such as those that are likely to occur while you jog or run.

Bah...!
My question is: is walking a problem? Normal walking
tongue.gif

I'm afraid I ruin it...

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #279 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by dlrpkris
After hearing a variety of reports on the net, I am not totally sure if the player can save files in folders or if everything is jumbled up as one. Can someone clarify?

Also, exactly how does their limited edition (with extra battery) system work? It is that just a few extra battery versions are mixed with ones without them. or are all the zen micros that are available now coming with the extra battery?

Thanks,

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
The first 35,000 units came with the extra battery. As for save in folders....of course it saves your albums in folder, for example:

Artist: Metallica: Ride the Lightning
Master of puppets

Click on Artist, scroll down to Metallica, click on Metallica and you'll see whatever albums you have on your player list, from their select whichever album you want to listen to.

Let's say you upload 200 mp3's of various songs you like, with MediaSource, you can rename the albums they may have attached to them so you can put them in folders, so to speak (ie. Sounds of the 80's volume one, etc etc).

The Zen Micro stores your music file and non-music file differently. The Zen Micro does not operate as a USB Mass Storage device out of the box, so you need to devote a portion of the disk space (up to 2GB) for that purpose.

The Zen Micro has it's own Library system and you can put as many mp3s into it as will fit. You can not create folders in the music area. All music files are put into a central music area that are sorted by its ids3 tags.

For the data partition, you can put folders and subfolders on it like any other Windows drive.

biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #280 of 630
I bought my micro, black, last night. I was really impressed with the quality of the packaging and how cool it made me feel as I unpacked it. One hting that doesnt really translate well in their print ads and billboards, is just how small the micro really is, i was almost astounded, even after seeing the pictures here.

So far so good, I am very happy.
280smile.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #281 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonb
I bought my micro, black, last night. I was really impressed with the quality of the packaging and how cool it made me feel as I unpacked it. One hting that doesnt really translate well in their print ads and billboards, is just how small the micro really is, i was almost astounded, even after seeing the pictures here.

Im jealous
etysmile.gif
Whats the black like? Can you take any pics of it and post them up here?

And you mentioned about how small it is, i held it in my hand the other day and yes it is very very small and light. I didn't expect it to be that small and light.
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #282 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
The Zen Micro stores your music file and non-music file differently. The Zen Micro does not operate as a USB Mass Storage device out of the box, so you need to devote a portion of the disk space (up to 2GB) for that purpose.

The Zen Micro has it's own Library system and you can put as many mp3s into it as will fit. You can not create folders in the music area. All music files are put into a central music area that are sorted by its ids3 tags.

For the data partition, you can put folders and subfolders on it like any other Windows drive.

biggrin.gif

I made the assumption he was referring to music storage and not Data storage
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #283 of 630
Ordered mine.
etysmile.gif

Got the white one... Yes it does look classy, almost like a snow goddess - or a beautiful Scandinavian - all blonde and white with blue eyes.

First though I seriously considered the Dark Red and the Dark Blue models - Both of them are quite attractive IMHO, especially as I do not know of any other MP3 players in actual red. (Pink doesn't count!) And the navy blue reminds me of the Rio models that started it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back