just got my ad 700's
Dec 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

lilVaratep

Head-Fier
My ad 700's just came in the mail today. I was wondering what kind of settings on realtek hd audio manager I should be using for it? i see something called headphone virtualization - will this increase the surround sound i get from playing fps, or do the phones already have natural surroudn sound/footstep indication? will be playing fps games and listening to vocal chillout. should I be burning them in with pink noise while im not using them? 

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Have you listened to them yet and do you like how they sound? That's the first thing you should ask. You can play with Realtek settings and determine what's best for you. As for burn in just use music you like and don't obsess. No amount of burn in will change the phone's sound signature.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
or do the phones already have natural surroudn sound/footstep indication?

No.

Play with your audio settings to see what you like.

And I highly suggest you start doing a lot of research on what surround sound is, and how it works, with two channel audio like headphones. Also, you should probably look into how you achieve surround sound emulation since you're using an onboard motherboard's audio solution and not even a soundcard that caters to gaming solutions.

Very best,

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
So as long as i use my onboard sound, i wont get that much of a surround sound? Turning on headphone virtualization just makes everything seem lighter and more echo

Right.  That is because they are using various algorithms to try and create the sense of "surround sound" by only using two drivers - in your headphones.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 10
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sound card for fps games (footsteps and surroudn sound) as well as listening to music (vocal chillout, trance, vocal trance, something along the lines of this). I only have PCIe slots and I'm looking for something within $50 usd.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 10
You cant get "surround sound" from 2 drivers (headphones, earbuds, 2 speakers).

What you can  get though is soundstage, which your headphone already has.

No sound card will make headphones "surround sound", but some might improve soundstage with DSP such as dolby headphone. 

There isn't any reason to look for something to make the ad700's better though. They're some of the best competitive FPS headphones how they are.

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sound card for fps games (footsteps and surroudn sound) as well as listening to music (vocal chillout, trance, vocal trance, something along the lines of this). I only have PCIe slots and I'm looking for something within $50 usd.

Asus Xonar DGX

Very best,

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Friend is offering to sell me http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-HD-Sound/M/B004275EO4.htm for $70. Is this a good deal? He said it has a built-in DAC and AMP and sound card so I don't have to worry about getting those stuff. Would this be good for fps games as well as audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back