Just got delivery of my ATH-L3000 "Leatherhead"
Nov 21, 2003 at 10:17 AM Post #16 of 80
Congrats headphone crazy, your definitely the 1st kid on the block to get a pair of those bad boys. As a Jaguar owner I would suggest that it may be wise for you to invest in a jar of this stuff;

http://www.motorcarsltd.com/gifts/connolly.htm
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 11:13 AM Post #17 of 80
Just got news that my unit is actually 1 of 10 that are not individually numbered "Not-for-Sale" units which are mean for AT's regional offices around the world that accidentally went out the door.

Does that mean may be, just may be of a better quality, design or workmanship?

They promised me a replacement to a numbered commercially available unit but should I exchange them or just hold on to this ultra rare unit?

rolleyes.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 11:28 AM Post #20 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
I would hang on to what you got, it puts you into a even more exclusive club than you were already in.

Ahh, Headphone elitism at its best
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 11:57 AM Post #21 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by headphonecrazy
Just got news that my unit is actually 1 of 10 that are not individually numbered "Not-for-Sale" units which are mean for AT's regional offices around the world that accidentally went out the door.

Does that mean may be, just may be of a better quality, design or workmanship?

headphonecrazy,

It seems very unlikely to me that there ought to be any differences. Did AT urge you to accept a replacement? Did they insist? If not, I am with the others, I'd keep the headphone for its rarity.

Nov 21, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #22 of 80
You may have a prototype. There may be some subtle differences in final production models, who knows? I'd take the replacement just to be sure.

Nov 21, 2003 at 3:40 PM Post #23 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
You may have a prototype. There may be some subtle differences in final production models, who knows? I'd take the replacement just to be sure.

I think the same thing too, final product always is the best.

Nov 21, 2003 at 6:22 PM Post #28 of 80
Congrats upon receiving your L3000, can't wait to see the pics and hear your impressions. No doubt you do have a rare version of the L3000 (The "Unauthorized Edition"
biggrin.gif
), that puts you in a elite group above the "regular" and "martian green" editions. I would keep the prototype unless it just doesn't sound right to you.

Nov 21, 2003 at 6:24 PM Post #29 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
Congrats headphone crazy, your definitely the 1st kid on the block to get a pair of those bad boys. As a Jaguar owner I would suggest that it may be wise for you to invest in a jar of this stuff;

http://www.motorcarsltd.com/gifts/connolly.htm
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Ditto on the Connolly leather care kit. I have one and it's the best stuff I've use so far IMO for leather products.

Nov 21, 2003 at 6:47 PM Post #30 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by warubozu
Ditto on the Connolly leather care kit. I have one and it's the best stuff I've use so far IMO for leather products.

Too bad that the web page says it is no longer available after the current stock is used up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back