Just got delivery of my ATH-L3000 "Leatherhead"
Nov 21, 2003 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

headphonecrazy

Head-Fier
Just got mine lovely
tongue.gif
"Leatherhead".

A brief description about the packaging - it came in a blue velvety jewel case type box double-boxed with a non-descript black outer paper with no labelling what so ever - the inside of the box is lined with a sponged lined black satin/silk material - the cord is coiled and bagged in a small black velcro bag - a light brown carrying bag of a soft leather like material included - included are a signed letter from Jonathan Connolly about leather care and a small specs sheet about the phones.

I was told there is a over demand for this babies and there might be some very disappointed customers who just might not get them.

Will try to post some pics / impressions after 100-200 hours of cookin time.

BTW, I got the chance to listen to the woodie clip-ons for about five minutes before it was shipped off to a dealer - a definite much buy IMHO - improved design + sound stage. The titanium little brother was however a disappointment - sounded a little compressed but I guess with proper burn-in who knows.
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 80
Do you have any other headphones in the price range to compare with like the R-10s? Even though i would never get headphones this expensive or even consider them, i'd like to know how they stack up.

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
Do you have any other headphones in the price range to compare with like the R-10s? Even though i would never get headphones this expensive or even consider them, i'd like to know how they stack up.

The closest dynamic headphones within my reach is the RS-1 and I'll most probably be doing a L3000, HD650 & RS-1 shootout some time late next week after some proper cookin.
wink.gif

I had the W100 before and listened to the W1000 for a period but this L3000 is definitely IMHO very different sonically from them, even before proper burnin period.

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #7 of 80
Whatever you do, don't let your pet dog near them before you post your impressions. And watch out for the dogs if you wear them outside!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 8:26 AM Post #9 of 80
Yeah, if you got the green one, you'd better keep that information under wraps, at least until St. Patrick's Day.
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 8:35 AM Post #12 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
What a pity that A-T isn't making a two-tone leatherhead -- with one cup green and one cup brown and the headband striped. Now that would truly be an item in poor taste.

If look carefully at the grrreennn one, the trimmings on the headband is actually green with a little bit beige leather.

I was only a little dsiappointed that AT did not have them limited no. stamped on the cans.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 8:55 AM Post #13 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by headphonecrazy
I had the W100 before and listened to the W1000 for a period but this L3000 is definitely IMHO very different sonically from them, even before proper burnin period.

headphonecrazy,

Congratulations! It's great that a reviewer with some ATH-W experience will be able to tell us about the L3000. I guess a lot of people are very curious. I certainly am. I wouldn't mind some preliminary comments at 50, 100, and 150 hours of break-in, by the way.
wink.gif

Please. I hate waiting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 9:36 AM Post #15 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by headphonecrazy
biggrin.gif
Yes, it is but the boring old brown one!!!
wink.gif

Yes, I know brown is boring but Green is just TOO exciting!!!

Congratulations!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back