Just found $300, Want to upgrade my headphone cable. Advice needed...
Feb 8, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 61
Instead of spending the dough on a new cable just wire it to me! You'll accomplish the same difference with the "new" sound of your phones!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #18 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi'er recabled my DR150's and it did change the sound

No it didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thai Fighter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I'm concerned the purchase of a new cable would be a complete waste of money.

The truth.

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 61
What about an amp or source upgrade? That would certainly give you a greater improvement. Maybe start SACD if you have the rest?

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No it didn't.

Well, if you want to be technical. Yes it did, as the cable that it replaced died. So, it went from hearing static and such to, clearness!

Also big difference from ratshack cable and stock cables... So how can you say otherwise? Also isn't this a matter of ones opinion?

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #21 of 61
i have no experience with these high end phones, but if the majority of people here recommend NOT getting new cables, i'd also follow like blind sheep =D

but seriously, you can actually save that for a future use... maybe for emergency backup money? i don't think you will like it when you send away your beloved headphones for awhile and waste $300 only to find little, or no difference at all.

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #22 of 61
Here's my advice. You found the money. For all you know it might not even be yours! So you should donate it to charity.

Actually, I wouldn't get a recable or an aftermarket headphone cable unless it were given to me free. I would go for another headphone (sources and amp components, at the OP's level, are probably way over $300).

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy something special for a special someone who you can take out for a special evening because that special day is coming up
redface.gif

cool.gif
get this special someone a pair of HD650's. ROFL.

i kid i kid.

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #25 of 61
Quote:

Buy something special for a special someone who you can take out for a special evening because that special day is coming up
redface.gif

Does your boyfriend spend that kind of money on you?

Don't set double standards
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #26 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

redface.gif

Ummm... What?? Bahaha...
blink.gif
Umm Hydro = female?

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #27 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

redface.gif

Sometimes he whispers in my ears, "I would spend the last drop of my blood for you." I believe him. I repeat the same words back...

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #28 of 61
Quote:

Sometimes he whispers in my ears, "I would spend the last drop of my blood for you." I believe him. I repeat the same words back...

This is taking a "wrong" turn!
blink.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #29 of 61
Quote:

i did not say that! you are so fricking delusional
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back