Just found $300, Want to upgrade my headphone cable. Advice needed...
Feb 8, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #32 of 61
I like pineapples...

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #34 of 61
plainface.gif
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #36 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like pineapples...

Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesn't the quadratic equation have 4 variables? it's "quad," right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
plainface.gif
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the advice everyone...not very helpful, lol.
I really wanted to know if anyone could explain the differences btwn the blue, silver and black dragon cables from moon audio in terms of performance and compatibility, not just materials.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So what amp/source do you already have, sofronitsky?

I play lossless (Flac) using foobar from my pc and have a corda aria, but I will be ordering an opera next week.

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #37 of 61
Well if anything, I for one am going to get another K501 with a blue dragon recable. Ive heard the BD with all the senns before and even with my portaphile v2^maxxed and microamp/DM, the improvement(well improvement in my opinion, could be a downgrade in sound if you don't like the flavor) was not at all subtle. To put it into perspective, for the senns, using the BD was like turning crossfeed off- there was more detail, without being overly sibilant, and the lows were almost unaffected in quantity but did become somewhat more articulate. This is kind of irrelevant because you are using the ad2k's but form what I can tell your 2000's are more extended and probably better than my HD580s so maybe there would be more improvement. The thing is that it's going to be a hardwire and I don't know if you can get a refund if you don't like it.

Well since the opera will have a dac, maybe you could use that 300 towards... a bigger hard drive/faster optical drive for those 12,000 cd's you will be "sampling"
biggrin.gif

btw what type of music do you listen to?

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #39 of 61
I also think you should forgo the cable and get another pair of headphones/amp or even some cds! Cable upgrades are overrated in my opinion. Their return ratio is small compared to getting another set of headphones or a better amp.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Sometimes he whispers in my ears, "I would spend the last drop of my blood for you." I believe him. I repeat the same words back...

I think it's time you opend up to the world, you know you want to
icon10.gif

To be honest, I certainly wouldn't spend that sort of money on a recable that you may end up not liking. I'd put the money toward a better source.

Feb 8, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #41 of 61
yes, spend on the cable upgrade...definitely...the best investment you can make to change the sound by 1 to 3%...
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #42 of 61
yea.. it's not like a senn or akg cable that you can just sell off...You're stuck with it...

You could always sell off the aria when you get the opera, then put that money and the 300 together and..then you have like 650, which you can save up for when you move up after the opera haha.

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #43 of 61
Ok, what I want to know is...

How come I never find 300 bucks laying around!!??

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #44 of 61
You can build one heck of a cable for $50. I just got some silver wire from ebay for peanuts. I have an AKG and they come with these flimsy cables that I know will ruin. The last thing I want is a broken cable and no way to listen to my phones. With a DIY Cable I get the length I want and better durability. Don't buy a cable for sonics, and build your own. All you need is a soldering gun and a multimeter. If you don't have a soldering gun and mulimeter buy them, they will save you money for years on your car, house, and electronics. Take $125 of your money and build a millett hybrid, I love mine and it was easy if you aren't particular about having a perfect case, everyone should hear a tube amp once in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back