Just for the non believers!!!
Mar 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
For the non believers here is a new site with very affordable cables, Tartan Cables, not sure how good or bad they are, but for that price, and given the BJC reputation among the skeptics!!!

Yes it is related with Blue Jean Cables, as per an email I received today inquiring from Jeff at BJC's, also for more information about "their sister site" just take a look...

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 19
Yikes!! I can not even DIY cables for those prices. Very nice, and bookmarked for my next cable buy, for sure. But, I will still make most of my own. <wink>

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 19
Affirmative on the yikes.

A 50 ft digital cable for less than $10.

Should we get bigshot to do a DBT on these versus RadioShack?
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A 50 ft digital cable for less than $10.
Should we get bigshot to do a DBT on these versus RadioShack?
biggrin.gif

I try to avoid fifty foot cables!

See ya
Steve

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice find for low budget connections. Wish they had some mini-mini stuff (3.5mm)

Time to drop an email, they are "accepting suggestions".....
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Sent them an e-mail with some questions, kinda a just in case before I buy the cable. Saved me quite a few bucks with this
biggrin.gif

Well you know where to get me for a gratification....
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 19
I will have to ask when I pick up another cable from them. This just looks like a cheap Chinese version of the stuff they sell at BJC. My whole stable is BJC cables. I pick up cables pretty often. There place is cool to check out. Spools of cable everywhere.

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 19
I would have to hear these cables. Their rca to rca audio interconnects are made from RG-59 cable, which is 75 ohm tv cable. Real cheap for $5.00usd for 3ft though. The connectors can cost that much easily.

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This just looks like a cheap Chinese version of the stuff they sell at BJC.

Yeah... the prices are decent I suppose for your average mass-produced low-cost cables. It's less impressive of a value when you're already familiar with buying cables outside of the usual places. Their HDMI cables are at least over 50% higher than what we pay for the ones we use in installations (I'm only looking at the prices for non-account holders, I forget how much discount we get on top of that). I dunno exactly how much difference there is on the other cables, since I can't find any spreadsheets for those, and all I have is my memory of them being a lot cheaper than this.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back