Just dont understand. How can they believe an Ethernet cable can improve sound?
Jan 23, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #31 of 205
Let’s try again. I just removed 9 trillions posts(as counted by the protesters) that had nothing to do on this forum or in this thread. The rules are fairly simple, no politic no religion! If you wonder when you’re getting too close to that, just consider that you are and don’t post it.
I doubt that climate change has much to do with ethernet cables, so let’s leave that out also.

Now back on topic, I feel like the matter can always stay simple. If we wish to know how audible a different ethernet cable can be, we need a blind test. If there really is no measurable impact then of course we can put it to rest too, but it’s quite hard to actually find no difference at any magnitude even when measuring the same thing twice. Not getting a difference in the digital code is a good indication that people probably made up most differences they describe, but that is conclusive only if we can prove there is no other mean of interference. Something quite bothering IMO. So I would still probably rely on blind listening to settle the matter about Headfier1337 hearing something or not. And given how asking for that isn’t allowed in the rest of the forum... we can’t do much over there.

Of course all that is relevant only if we decide to look into something claimed without proof. Which is the real mistake people make in general. Caring too much about random empty claims is going to mostly or entirely be a waste of time. Which is why we don’t have all our space research focused on looking for UFOs and that one teapot.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #32 of 205
Let’s try again. I just removed 9 trillions posts(as counted by the protesters) that had nothing to do on this forum or in this thread. The rules are fairly simple, no politic no religion! If you wonder when you’re getting too close to that, just consider that you are and don’t post it.
I doubt that climate change has much to do with ethernet cables, so let’s leave that out also.

Now back on topic, I feel like the matter can always stay simple. If we wish to know how audible a different ethernet cable can be, we need a blind test. If there really is no measurable impact then of course we can put it to rest too, but it’s quite hard to actually find no difference at any magnitude even when measuring the same thing twice. Not getting a difference in the digital code is a good indication that people probably made up most differences they describe, but that is conclusive only if we can prove there is no other mean of interference. Something quite bothering IMO. So I would still probably rely on blind listening to settle the matter about Headfier1337 hearing something or not. And given how asking for that isn’t allowed in the rest of the forum... we can’t do much over there.

Of course all that is relevant only if we decide to look into something claimed without proof. Which is the real mistake people make in general. Caring too much about random empty claims is going to mostly or entirely be a waste of time. Which is why we don’t have all our space research focused on looking for UFOs and that one teapot.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #33 of 205
I am OK with that, but those people claim that there exist certain audio effects that cannot be measured (or at least no test has been devised yet to measure it). They say that a subjective evaluation is the only way to hear the difference.
In which case we don’t need a measurement or a blind test, simple logic would suffice. Digital audio is itself a measurement, so if there’s something that can’t be measured then it can’t be captured or reproduced by digital audio and obviously, you can’t hear something that hasn’t been recorded in the first place and can’t be reproduced. However, it was proven about 75 years ago that we can in fact measure/capture all the properties of an analog waveform.

G

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #34 of 205
but it’s quite hard to actually find no difference at any magnitude even when measuring the same thing twice.
Not in this case, a null test of the original audio file vs the same audio file that’s passed through an Ethernet switch/cable will result in a perfect null.

G

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #35 of 205
(misread sentence that shifted from talking about listening tests to measurements seamlessly.)

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #37 of 205
Hey guys I have some audiophile bananas. PM me for special introductory price.
Audiophile bananas monkey business, huh?

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #38 of 205
Nothing stops from using an ethernet cable to transfer ANALOG signals in which case it might actually have a miniscule audible affect. As long as it is digital signals transfered, we need at least a scientific theory of how ethernet cables could possibly affect sound quality.

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #40 of 205
I bet they actually do have audiophile banana plugs.

Jan 23, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #42 of 205
Are the eggplants fused with purple audiophile fuses?

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #44 of 205
We’re visiting with each other.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #45 of 205
What's the purpose of this thread again, other than venting frustration?
We can not talk about this outside this sub. That's the purpose of this thread. Discussion of the way the audiophile community has changed over the years and is now driven towards marketing myths and false claims is what this is all about. The inability to refute those claims in those threads due to being banned whenever we do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back