Just curious: How does E-Q7 compare to EarSonic and Westones
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ericp10

Sits up all night comparing IEMs.
Was wondering if anyone in this forum have heard the Ortofon E-Q7, EarSonic SM2, and the two Westone three-driver armatures earphones? If so, can you please give me a brief synopsis on how they sound the same or different from each other? Which has the better SQ and why? God knows I don't need to buy anymore earphones, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me, and I'm always striving for perfection (at a reasonable price... lol). Thanks for your input fellas (and ladies if you're on this forum too).

EricP

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 6
I've listened to the um3x and the tf10. The q7 sounds more accurate than both of them and has better clarity as well. If you like the ety sound but with added tight bass, then you will love the sound that the q7 produces.

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the reply @ dub. Guess you're the only one who has heard the e-q7 and some of the other models mentioned. I appreciate it.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 6
I guess i'm just lucky to be staying at the same country where Jaben is, so i get to try different phones in their shop. Switching between the 3 phones, it is apparent the ortofon sounds the clearest, with the tf10 sounding quite veiled and does a terrible job at rendering piano sounds. The um3x sounds pretty balanced than the ortofon, but loses out to the ortofon in the clarity department.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 6
I have heard the W3 and UM3X before. Thought I personally do not like W3, I think at e-Q7 is at least on the same caliber as UM3X. Universal IEM on this class often have very close performance, close enough not to say in definite which is really better then the other IMO. They all have their own pros and cons, and you will be better off finding one that suits your taste because it really is not a right or wrong question.

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard the W3 and UM3X before. Thought I personally do not like W3, I think at e-Q7 is at least on the same caliber as UM3X. Universal IEM on this class often have very close performance, close enough not to say in definite which is really better then the other IMO. They all have their own pros and cons, and you will be better off finding one that suits your taste because it really is not a right or wrong question.

Okay ClieOS, thank you too for your always fair and balanced analysis. I guess I need to try to get my hands on some of those french earphones. The way they have been described sounds promising. I must make it clear, however, that I'm not disillusioned with the e-q7s at all As a matter of fact, the more I listen to them, the more stunning they are to me.

Thanks again to you and DigDub...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back