Just Bought Westone 4R's.....Aftermarket Cable Suggestions?
Apr 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dylanv2123

New Head-Fier
Hey all, title is pretty self-explanatory.

Please let me know what after-market/custom cables you would suggest that are compatible with Westone 4R's.

So far I'm debating between the Baldur MKII and the Moon Audio's

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:
Hey all, title is pretty self-explanatory.

Please let me know what after-market/custom cables you would suggest that are compatible with Westone 4R's.

So far I'm debating between the Baldur MKII and the Moon Audio's

I was initially thinking of the moon audio but after listening to the W4R everyday with the stock cable, I am getting to appreciate the stock cable. Spending $200 on the moon audio would surely have SLIGHT difference but for the amount involved, I'm just thinking on enjoying it as is. Let it grow on you. Just my thoughts.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:
I was initially thinking of the moon audio but after listening to the W4R everyday with the stock cable, I am getting to appreciate the stock cable. Spending $200 on the moon audio would surely have SLIGHT difference but for the amount involved, I'm just thinking on enjoying it as is. Let it grow on you. Just my thoughts.

between my westone epic cable, and my spc occ cable. the difference is night and day. detail,clarity,highs,mids,lows, everything is a step up in the right direction with the spc.

you can just let the stock cable grow on you, its a good cable as far as ergonomics is concerned, and good cable as far as build quality. but it definitly lacks in sound quality, it leaves alot to be desired.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 14
I have that cable for my RDB+ V1 and I can confirm it gave great improvements. Using it right now actually. I've ordered the same cable fir my TF10.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #10 of 14
obviously everything is subjective but...

to me the lows are deeper, bass is more impactful and punchy. bass definitly ''hits'' harder

mids seem to be clearer and slightly more forward.

highs are clearer and sparkly.

to me the epic cable or w4r cable seems veiled. where as the spc cable seems to lift that veil and everything seems to be brought into focus and more crisp and clear.

epic cable seems to be very warm sounding vs this cable.

the silver seems to bring a brighter sound while the copper brings a dynamic sound so between the 2 you get a brighter dynamic sound....verses a pure silver bring only brightness to the table or a pure copper bringing a dynamic sound. you get the hybrid between the 2

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #12 of 14
I dont think upgrading to a new cable immediately is a good idea give it some time and if you feel that the sounds sig isnt for you then change your iem instead. Its alot easier to change iem than tweaking your current one to your liking there would be alot of process ( amp , cable , source and tips ). I did owned the W4R and wanted to change the cable immediately but decided to just let it go and look for a different IEM since i would be spending way to much on just improving the sound than just buying a better one.

Im also a cable believer and I can tell the improvement over the stock whether its copper , spc or silver since they all have different Sound Sig. Its better to know which type of improvement you are looking for. I tried the 
93SPEC Silver Premium EAST Cables and can say it improve the westone 4R SQ specially the high and became a bit brighter since i it pretty laid back on stock cable ​

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #14 of 14
thats not what the W4R is your pretty much looking for a different sound sig there but if you just want to keep it and want to upgrade the cable better look for a copper to improved the bass im not sure about the high though since you will need SPC/Silver for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back