Just bought Shure SE215 SE
Aug 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

skreddy

New Head-Fier
So my Sennheiser MX980's broke and I needed a new set of headphones for the gym. I wanted something that wouldn't fall out and something that I could also use under a helmet on my motorcycle so I wanted decent isolation aswel. I rushed into buying the SE215 special edition. I listen mainly to trance.

First impressions: Boring.

The bass is the best part of these headphones the problem is to me it sounds like the bass is flooding the mids and makes the mids sound like they are under water.

The treble is accurate but lacks any excitement at all. Very underwhelming. These headphones seem ok for low volume listening but at higher volume these headphones just dont attack my favourite tracks they way that I would like them too. 

Anyone have any recomendations on a IEM that have a similar sound signature to the MX980's. Something good for electronic music that has good isolation and maybe a bit more bass than them, something that can be worn under a motorcycle helmet aswell ? 

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
So my Sennheiser MX980's broke and I needed a new set of headphones for the gym. I wanted something that wouldn't fall out and something that I could also use under a helmet on my motorcycle so I wanted decent isolation aswel. I rushed into buying the SE215 special edition. I listen mainly to trance.

First impressions: Boring.

The bass is the best part of these headphones the problem is to me it sounds like the bass is flooding the mids and makes the mids sound like they are under water.

The treble is accurate but lacks any excitement at all. Very underwhelming. These headphones seem ok for low volume listening but at higher volume these headphones just dont attack my favourite tracks they way that I would like them too. 

Anyone have any recomendations on a IEM that have a similar sound signature to the MX980's. Something good for electronic music that has good isolation and maybe a bit more bass than them, something that can be worn under a motorcycle helmet aswell ? 

Hah? Don't you think it's a little unfair to compare a 100$ against something that cost at least double that price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back