Just blew the bank (for me) on equipment, and wanted to say thank you!
May 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ming-Tzu

New Head-Fier
After a while reading the posts on these forums, I wanted to thank everybody for all the useful information.  In the past hour, I purchased the following:

HE-400
Hifiman Velour Earpads
Hifiman Silver coated copper cable (8m) ---- I know, I know.  Cables don't do jack but I figured why not lol
Hifiman travel case
Schiit stack, with PYST RCA cables
Sennheiser HD25ALU
Custom Cable from Custom Cans
Fiio E12

Plan on using the HE-400 and amp/DAC for home use and the HD25 and E12 for portable use, with my Cowon J3

Next step for me is to do some research about converting audio files into a better quality format (e.g. WAV, FLAC, etc.) and what settings to use for my J3.

Let's see how it goes.

Thanks!

May 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 7
Yeah, I wanna convert my files to FLAC.  The issue I am going to have is with the files which I don't have the source for.

If it's already an MP3, I can't imagine upconverting it to FLAC or WAV would make any difference.

May 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 7
  Yeah, I wanna convert my files to FLAC.  The issue I am going to have is with the files which I don't have the source for.

If it's already an MP3, I can't imagine upconverting it to FLAC or WAV would make any difference.

if its already in mp3 format, upconvert it to flac or wav wont help and would just waste space. you need to rip them in lossless from headstart.

May 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 7
  After a while reading the posts on these forums, I wanted to thank everybody for all the useful information.  In the past hour, I purchased the following:

HE-400
Hifiman Velour Earpads
Hifiman Silver coated copper cable (8m) ---- I know, I know.  Cables don't do jack but I figured why not lol
Hifiman travel case
Schiit stack, with PYST RCA cables
Sennheiser HD25ALU
Custom Cable from Custom Cans
Fiio E12

Plan on using the HE-400 and amp/DAC for home use and the HD25 and E12 for portable use, with my Cowon J3

Next step for me is to do some research about converting audio files into a better quality format (e.g. WAV, FLAC, etc.) and what settings to use for my J3.

Let's see how it goes.

Thanks!

Congrats!  What Schiit stack?

If you are looking for a cheap secondary rig (bedroom?) that matches well with the HD25, I'd recommend the Aune T1.  I have the HD25-1 II and it pairs extremely well with the Aune T1.  The Aune T1 is a Tube DAC with Solid State Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back