Just arrived: C2C, DAC19MK3, K702
Dec 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiNa.cz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I already noticed how good classical and jazz music sound on this combo while electronic stuff sounds a bit sterile.

That's one thing you will notice about setups that are more "analytical" featuring headphones like the K701/2. They sound great on classical, jazz, and other acoustic music, but sound a bit stiff or sterile with electronic, rock, etc. But using an EQ should help fix that a bit, as I see you have already begun to do. Congrats on the setup.

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome Martin. Glad to have another addict willing to make us all feel better about ourselves.
redface.gif

You are going to be a guinea pig for cable differences. You are using a pair of basic ICs now. When you get your new ICs in, give us an opinion of the differences.

Don't go near tubes, tastes like chicken and hooks you like a largemouth bass in the weeds.

LOL,
My name is Fred and I am a Audioholic.....
redface.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #18 of 23
Hi I just got the audio gd c2c upgraded ver. & a pair of k702s too but dont have a dac. I was wondering how imparative the Audio-GD DAC19Mk3 would be for the audio quality? Im new at hifi gear & am unsure whether the dac would be a worthwile investment. My main source will be a pc & a samsung audio receiver. Any suggestions or comments will be welcome. ty.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 23
Welcome to the world of hifi. Just be warned, it is a sickness...

I would definitely consider getting a decent DAC for your setup. The K702+C2C combination is supposed to be great, and I think you are leaving a ton of the table by not having a better source. I'd hate to really limit your nice setup by not feeding them a quality source.

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 23
Thx horio. I think I got the sickness bad. I cant believe that I was driving my hd600 before without an headamp & was happy with the sound. I guess you really dont know how good hifi is unless you have actually tried it. I think im gonna like my k702 upgrade(sidegrade) from hd600 after its properly burned in. Meanwhile Im contemplating purchasing the DAC19MK3 as mentioned by the original poster or perhaps an DA220 MkII. Ill research & get working on the source after I have my dac
smily_headphones1.gif
. Cheers.

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 23
Did you get the old C2C version or the new version that just came out? The new version is designed to work well with the new DAC19, connected via ACSS.

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #22 of 23
I have got my setup almost complete now as you can see on my attached picture. The thing is my ears are probably not suitable for "audiophile" world. I can hear the diference in comparison with the KPP I had in the past but it is VERY HARD to hear any diference (for example) with/without M2Tech USB/SPDIF convertor.

Maybe I just need to train my ears a bit. Know what to focus on. I dont know.

I have an old updraded C2C amp. Just visited Audio GD site and there are some new and interesting products listed there. It is really hard to keep pace with Mr. Kingwa. It is kinda like PC business, as soon as you buy new PC there is already a new and better one just around the corner.

Martin

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiNa.cz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you guys for your nice comments.

....Since this is my first and probably the last Hi-Fi purchase for a very very long time ...

Martin

Exactly what I thought when I started a year before .... you never know :p !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back