Just announced: Norm of Go-Vibe is leaving the business after one last amp
Sep 1, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #50 of 61
Sucky...I didn't even get to see what it looks like :frowning2:

Sep 11, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #52 of 61
if anyone missed the v7 and want one i am selling mine in the FS forum...i will ask norm to ship it directly to you once he has them ready to go.

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #55 of 61
Ordered and paid for mine on the 25th of last month. Im still waiting for shipping confirmation.

The guys who already have the V7 please give us some impressions and snap shots if possible.
icon10.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #56 of 61
Well I just asked Norm and he said my GV7 Max Extra went out yesterday with the rest of the amps. So that means everyone's amp has been shipped! Yay! He said they would have went out earlier but there was a delay.... he said the manufacturer sent him 1/4" Alps knobs and he needed 6mm knobs.

So everyone make sure to look for yours in the mail. I'm not sure how long it will take to arrive here in California since it is coming from Canada. But I do know that I recently ordered a CD from Canada. The first one got lost in the mail and never arrived, even after 30 days.
blink.gif
The second one they sent took 2 days.
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #57 of 61
Hi!

I have received it yesterday, I live in Canada.

sorry no pics for now!

It arrived well packaged in a box, in bubbles wrapper over chips of styrofoame. Well packaged.

Installed the 9 volts battery inside.
Had trouble reclosing the cover. The battery moves inside cover when amp is moved. Will need to install velcro or something to hold it still inside.

Black casing.I use it piggy-back style connected to line out of Cowon X5( the headphone jack is busted ), so the V7 and the back of the X5 are often in contact one with the other. So after 2 hours use the cover of the V7 is full of scratches!!

As regards aestetics, there are 2 silver nuts at the back who cover the screws who holds the case together. They have no practical use than to hide the screws.

As regards sound quality it looks solid but too early for me to put out a subjective judgement.

regards,

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As regards sound quality it looks solid but too early for me to put out a subjective judgement.

Caribou,
Most of us posting in this thread are familiar with the way Norm ships his amps. Give us the juicy stuff, man! We want to know how it sounds! Give us your first impressions please.
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on Caribou, tell us about the amp! Did anyone else get theirs? I hope mine comes tomorrow.

And as far as I know, I think it's the same casing at the V6. I have never scratched mine so I'm not sure how you did that.

Which model did you get? V7 Max? V7 Max Extra? V7 Eco? V7 Eco Extra?

Ok! I did get the V7 eco.gain 3. I listened maybe 3 hours to it since I received it. So I cannot be held "responsible for anything I say" but I do think it sounds the same as the PA2V2.

Maybe it's not what you wanted to "ear" but right now they both sound the same.

However it is loud! no problem there. And the sound is solid coming out of the line out of an X5.

As regards scratches, the thing just scratches... never realized the back of the X5 was so hard!!
wink.gif
lol

Hope you get yours soon and YOU let us know what you think.

I use the amp only with the line out of the X5 cause it is very flat without any volume to it. The amp gives space to the music.
No need to use an amp with the D2 as it's 70mw is more than enough to drive what I have.

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back