June Madness - Battle of the Headphones, Round #1 (the sweet 16 round)
Jun 17, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok added the Sextett K400/1 and YH-1/HP-1. I don't think this is gonna add up to 16 man
tongue.gif

Hey, whatcha doin' messing 'round my super shoot-out
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I hadn't realized that the internet would be so unruly
rolleyes.gif

Just kidding, more power to you for figuring out how to add other choices.
We are up to 24 cans now, and sweet 24 is still manageable, but if we get into the 40s the "sweet" theme is going to sound just wrong.

The good thing with flynQ is that you can change your mind (and change your vote - it's more like real life) so feel free to vote for one of the new choices, but I gotta figure out a way to keep the final 8 to just 8
confused.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe this should be the runoff for the 16?

You can vote as many times as you want I guess, it only counts your last vote. I changed mine to K400.

Good suggestion, since I obviously screwed-up in selecting the top 16 myself
mad.gif
, let's treat this as the qualifying round for the sweet 16. I'll see if flynQ can be changed such that the final 16, 8, 4, and 2 can prevent additions to the list.

I'll post another message so people who did not vote because they could not see their cans have a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jun 17, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever heard of Stax?

Sure did - I especially like the Shaft soundtrack on Stax
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'd love a Stax as my next pair of cans (actually thinking of trading in my K1000 for one of them Stax). But since they are a bit on the pricey side, and usually need a dedicated amp, I did not think they'd make it in the top 16. But feel free to add your favorite Stax to the list that has now become a qualifying round.

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #25 of 32
No AT Flagship like the AD2000 or W5000?

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #29 of 32
We are up to 86 votes and 30 headphones in the battle for favorite full-size headphone on Head-Fi.

It would be great if we can get more votes before closing the qualifying round.

I attached a snapshot with the top 4, and you can see the entire list HERE.. Click on the results tab to see the scoring.

I'll close the qualifying round and start the top 16 round sometime after I come back from work this afternoon/evening.

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rgoodnight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure did - I especially like the Shaft soundtrack on Stax
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'd love a Stax as my next pair of cans (actually thinking of trading in my K1000 for one of them Stax). But since they are a bit on the pricey side, and usually need a dedicated amp, I did not think they'd make it in the top 16. But feel free to add your favorite Stax to the list that has now become a qualifying round.

Used K1000: ~1000-1200$
Used SR-007: ~1300-1400$

Stax amps start at about 200$ and it can go up to 4500$ (BHSE) or 10000$ (upgraded ES-1). A good amp for any of them is going to cost a lot of money anyway.

All I have to say is: do it.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back