June Madness - Battle of the Headphones, Round #1 (the sweet 16 round)
Jun 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

rgoodnight

Head-Fier
Inspired by the sweet 16 basketball tournament (AKA March Madness), I though it would be fun to have a headphones shoot-out.

For round 1, I created an initial list of 16 popular headphones (see pic below); the top 8 vote getters make it into the next round.

The top 4 from that round go to the next, etc.,

In the end, we will have the headphone most favorite by HeadFi-ers.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF CANS
[size=x-small](no registration or login is required to vote).
[/size]

Support your favorite headphone and vote now - because tomorrow, the top eight vote getters will move to the next round (and the resale value of the bottom dwellers rest will drop at least 1.2%
biggrin.gif
).

Thanks for playing along, this should be fun!

Randy

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No AKG. Madness indeed.

Oh wait there's a 601. Umm. Maybe you should have a vote to determine the first 16?

C'mon I would not forget AKGs (esp. as a K1000 owner), but you are right - the next time I can try getting people to vote for the top 16. We can have a July madness rematch, if people have fun with this one...

Thanks for playing along!

Hey, we already have 6 votes.

Randy

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a similar poll not too long ago....

This ain't no boring poll, this is a shoot out with a 4 rounds, last headphone standing format, a-la March Madness
biggrin.gif

May the best can win
tongue.gif

Plus, did the other poll have pretty all those pretty headphone pics to go along with it?

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the idea of this thread but the starting headphones are kinda random. Can't vote for any of them because I don't like any of them.

You got me. My bad. If people have fun with this one, we can do another one with qualifying rounds --- OMG I am watching too much ESPN these days
eek.gif

For my curiosity, what headphones should have been included in your opinion (so I make sure I don't miss them the next time 'round).

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #10 of 32
Hmm. 16 popular headphones?

Senn HD580/600
Senn 650
Ultrasone 750
Ultrasone hfi 780
Ultrasone 2500
Grado RS-1
Grado SR-225
Alessandro MS-2/i
AKG K501\0 401\0
AKG K701
AKG K240 Sextett
Beyerdynamic DT880
Beyerdynamic DT990
Beyerdynamic DT770

And then like, some Denons and Audio Technicas.

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about HD580s? I put down HD600 instead of HD580s.

I have HD580s - and they are my favorite cans (I'm the guy who wrote the post comparing them to a favorite pair of jeans), but since the 600s were so close, I thought I'd make room for them.

In theory, with flynQ you can add new choices to the list - but in this case it would not be a sweet 16 and would end up being a sweet 61 or something.

But if this shoot-out works out well (i.e. people have fun with it, I'll kick off another one).

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 32
I added and voted for the AKG K260s, those things are way to good for their price.

This is a pretty cool way to poll btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back