June 28, 2015 - Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 2nd Annual Portable Audio Jam
Jun 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #76 of 86
Photo's of the meet:

Purk's end of the table :

MattTCG and Josh checking out Matt's gear:

Lots of gear! :

Matt and Joe's area.  LCD's, Ether, Gustard, Questyle

This lovely  Marantz:

Awesome new Nighthawk and Grados at this table.  I liked the new Grados!

President of the AVCoA, thanks John!:

Joe Saxon of headphoneaudiophile.com gives us a run down of his gear:

MattTCG gave us an overview of the Ether and had it available for demo:

Purk's corner, full of goodies.  I loved his Sony headphones.  He had some monster gear for us to sample, HE-1000, Stax, 800's. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #77 of 86
  Ok then why don't we all meet at the Brickstore one of these days and B***S*** about audio.  I'll buy the first round :wink:

Sorry I missed this post.  We should definitely do this.

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #79 of 86
Hi All,

I am new to the atlanta area and to the "audiophile" fever. I wasnt aware of a Audio/Video club till i stumbled across this post.

I always thought that my Bose QC 15's were the epitome of sound, till i heard the Senn HD650. I was literally blown away by the clarity and the awesomeness of a good pair of cans. I currently am accumulating the moolah to buy the 650's. :D

That being said, i was wondering if there is a good store where i can try out a few headphones and Amps, before i can make a choice. I was unable to find most of what i wanted at Best Buy.
What do you guys do and where do you go to test these out?

Thanks,
Rev

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #80 of 86
  Hi All,

I am new to the atlanta area and to the "audiophile" fever. I wasnt aware of a Audio/Video club till i stumbled across this post.

I always thought that my Bose QC 15's were the epitome of sound, till i heard the Senn HD650. I was literally blown away by the clarity and the awesomeness of a good pair of cans. I currently am accumulating the moolah to buy the 650's. :D

That being said, i was wondering if there is a good store where i can try out a few headphones and Amps, before i can make a choice. I was unable to find most of what i wanted at Best Buy.

Thanks,
Rev

I would contact Joe Saxon of http://www.headphoneaudiophile.com/

Joe is local and should be able hook you up with the HD650 and a good amp to drive them. 

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #81 of 86
Hi All,

Thanks,

Rev

Fresh from the deals thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/16425#post_11819630

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #82 of 86
Progress Report.

After the meet several of the club officers and a number of the Head-Fiers stayed and talked about the possibility of doing this again next year. Amongst the things we discussed was to give it a "name" that was more appropriate, find a better venue, get some manufacturers on board, find a few "sponsors", and make it more of a true "Meet".

Some of these things take time. I have talked to Trav, and he DID NOT copyright the name "CanLanta in 2013. He wished us well at using this as the name for next year's... CanLanta 2016!

We have some time before we have to start working  on this meet, but it would be great to have some of you Head-Fiers get in touch with me. I would like to put together a group to start planning this event sometime this fall. Some of us and some of y'all would make a great team!

You can contact me at my email address or my phone number. Even if you can't work with us in the planning group, we are interested in your ideas and hope you will share them with us. We do plan on a bigger venue than this year and that may mean that we need some sponsors to help with the costs. If you have some contacts in this area they also would be welcome!

John

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 
Direct: 770-330-3919
Fax: 1-866-891-3690

mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net
http://www.a-vcoa.org

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #83 of 86
Nov 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #84 of 86
I'm in if it is near Decatur. Manuel's tavern has a nice small room off the side they don't mind lending out for events like this... grab a beer and some lunch and listen to good cans!

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #85 of 86
I'm in if it is near Decatur. Manuel's tavern has a nice small room off the side they don't mind lending out for events like this... grab a beer and some lunch and listen to good cans!

The location I currently have in mind is on north Druid hills rd near briarcliff and north Druid, so reasonably close to Decatur. The manuels thing is also a decent idea as well. Guess we can see what the response is and try to finalize around Christmas with regards to the specific location. I live in candler park and could (and often do) walk to manuels tavern.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #86 of 86
The location I currently have in mind is on north Druid hills rd near briarcliff and north Druid, so reasonably close to Decatur. The manuels thing is also a decent idea as well. Guess we can see what the response is and try to finalize around Christmas with regards to the specific location. I live in candler park and could (and often do) walk to manuels tavern.

I held a traditional wet shavers convention in manuels a couple years ago and it was perfect and they were very welcoming.  we even ended up shaving a huge beard off the owner before the end of the convention.  great place and the side room they have is quite well sound isolated, especially done during midday.  There were over 60 people there and it was no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back