July 2 Windsor Ontario Meet
Jun 17, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #46 of 79
Tyll, if you're going to be still in the midwest that weekend, I'd love to have you come over without the gear. I'm sure that there would be no problem leaving the trailer at a Detroit Head-Fier's place, and then cross over with just your personality and smile, can't charge duty on something that's priceless. It's a shame that you're having to cancel on the visits, but the business MUST come first, because if you go under, then the whole hobby takes a hit, instead of just a few meets.

I'd love to have you (and Jamie and Joe or whoever is touring with you at that point) if you're still going to be around, otherwise I'll have to try to find a way to the cinci meet.

For everyone else, the meet is by no means off, and I'm sure that we'll have enough sources, amps, and cans to have a respectible meet, it just won't be quite the bonanza that the Detroit meet was. I've invited a couple of local traditional audiophiles (a couple professors and other folks from the community) and we've got a great location, but as always, it's the people that make the meet, and it'll be great because all of you are there, not because of anything else. I look forward to seeing everyone there, and I'm anxious to meet everyone (again).

-Jake

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #47 of 79
Thanks for the invite. I've though of that and was sorely tempted. But it's exactly where my other resposibilities kick in: if I can't make the trip with the gear, then I'm more valuable at home. But I will swing by Wadia and drop off a few things for Jeff to tote over the boarder as personal gear.

Jeff, I'll PM you next week sometime and make arraingements. Is that OK?

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #48 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Thanks for the invite. I've though of that and was sorely tempted. But it's exactly where my other resposibilities kick in: if I can't make the trip with the gear, then I'm more valuable at home. But I will swing by Wadia and drop off a few things for Jeff to tote over the boarder as personal gear.

Jeff, I'll PM you next week sometime and make arraingements. Is that OK?

absolutely. I needed to contact you guys about some stuff soon anyway.

Jun 18, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #49 of 79
So any good tube amps set to make an appearance at the meet? ^^

Biggie.

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #50 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
So any good tube amps set to make an appearance at the meet? ^^

Biggie.

I've been in contact with Mikhail of Singlepower, and while there's nothing definite, he's looking into the possibility of sending a unit, which is extremely generous of him. There are a few local folks from in town that I'm in contact with who have some tube gear that may make an appearance, as well as the possibility of people bringing their own gear that I still have to learn of.

I'm going to be sending an e-mail to Ray Samuels to see if we can get a raptor, and maybe among the things Tyll will be leaving with Jeff will be the Pete Millett Hybrid.

So there should be some tubes.

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #51 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
I've been in contact with Mikhail of Singlepower, and while there's nothing definite, he's looking into the possibility of sending a unit, which is extremely generous of him. There are a few local folks from in town that I'm in contact with who have some tube gear that may make an appearance, as well as the possibility of people bringing their own gear that I still have to learn of.

I'm going to be sending an e-mail to Ray Samuels to see if we can get a raptor, and maybe among the things Tyll will be leaving with Jeff will be the Pete Millett Hybrid.

So there should be some tubes.

Sounds promising. I've been trying unsuccessfully to compare my custom amp to a production highend headphone amp for the last 2 years.

Biggie.

Jun 24, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #52 of 79
If anyone who will be attending from MI would like, I will have room for 2 people + gear. If you are not too far from the 94/275 interchange I could probably pick you up, or if you (Jefe, Porksoda, or anyone else coming from AA) wanted to meet-up I am a stones-throw away from a 24-hour Kroger with a well-lit parking lot.
PM me if you are interested.
-Tom

Jun 24, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #53 of 79
I actually just realized that I have family stuff going on the 2nd, so I can't make it.
confused.gif
Have fun in Canadia guys!

Jun 24, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksoda
I actually just realized that I have family stuff going on the 2nd, so I can't make it.
confused.gif
Have fun in Canadia guys!

Nooooooooo!!!!!

First elrod-tom bails because of the new date, and then you. You can't even make it for part of the meet?

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Jun 24, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #55 of 79
Okay, I've got some final details for the meet location and such.

Firstly, the meet is going to be held on the University of Windsor campus, in the basement of Vanier Hall, in the Rose Room (more detailed instructions on getting there will be posted later). I've got the room from noon to six PM, and it will have five round tables with eight chairs each. I'll be bringing a few extension cords, but it would never hurt to have people bring an extra or two if they have them handy.

The room booking is thanks to the Computer Science Society, so if we have any of the executive from the CSS show up, I'll hope that they get a warm thank-you.

Also, no food and drink are allowed to be distributed inside the room, which means that we can't order a pizza to be delivered, but I'm sure that if you wanted to bring a couple granola bars or something for yourself to munch on, that would work. As it happens though, the room timing is reasonable for this, people can get a lunch in before the meet, and then afterwards we could go out for dinner and drinks if anyone's interested.

For anyone coming in to windsor from out of town, and taking the bus or train, I'd really appreciate it if you could either arrive on saturday morning, or friday night. If you can only arrive during the meet time, that's fine, it'll just mean that we'll have to come get you, or have you cab it over. Please contact me via PM if you have any questions, or call my cell at 519.973.3283 to talk over plans.

Everything looks like it's going to go really well, and I hope to see everyone that expressed interest in attending.

Thanks
-Jake

Jun 24, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
Nooooooooo!!!!!

First elrod-tom bails because of the new date, and then you. You can't even make it for part of the meet?

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

I'll be on the opposite side of Michigan, 4 hours away.
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #57 of 79
So whats everyone bringing? ^.^

Biggie.

Jun 28, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #58 of 79
I don't know if I will be able to bring my CD player and amp [unless someone ponys up for a ride
biggrin.gif
] as it was crazy getting it down for the Detroit meet and I am busy moving stuff into my new Condo right now. I will be bringing by portable setup, a bunch of cables and my K340's though.
moddedk340smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #59 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I don't know if I will be able to bring my CD player and amp...

The_Mac currently has my Eastsound player so we'll already have one of those anyway. It would be nice to see the Dynahi, but not if it's inconvenient for you.

Besides that, I'll bring my 650s and a pair of SA-5000s. My 650s are rockin' the stock cable these days as my Silver Dragon needs to be reterminated. I haven't spoken with Tyll yet, but it appears I might be bringing a HeadRoom teaser with me too.

I don't have any power strips, but I do have some power and extension cords I can bring along.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #60 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
The_Mac currently has my Eastsound player so we'll already have one of those anyway. It would be nice to see the Dynahi, but not if it's inconvenient for you.

Well, we'll see about the Dynahi.
smily_headphones1.gif

So you ended up getting the Eastsound after all? Congrats!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back