July 2 Windsor Ontario Meet
Jun 28, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #61 of 79
Okay, I'll be there with my PC, my pimeta, and my HD-580's. My Carbon, portaphile, and ER4S, and of course, Jefemeister's Eastsound (that sounds sooooooo sweet. I want a new soundcard) Other than that, I should have a couple powerbars, a couple extension cords, and some music.

I should also have a Headsave Classic and a pair of HD-570's to play with (a friend's rig).

What's everyone else bringing????

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #62 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
Jefemeister's Eastsound (that sounds sooooooo sweet. I want a new soundcard)

I kept trying to get you to listen to mine last time I came down!
tongue.gif

Glad you are liking it though...
biggrin.gif

If we can get a Dynahi to the meet it will almost be like my stuff is there. If it doesnt look like one will be coming, I will see what I can do... and I am still up for bringing everything if anyone is passing through Hamilton and wants to give me a ride.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #63 of 79
Yeah, but there's something profoundly different about listening at home, and at a meet. I gave your rig like 5 minutes in detroit (one song) and it was good, but listening at home, through my crappy no-synergy pimeta, it sounds killer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I kept trying to get you to listen to mine last time I came down!
tongue.gif

Glad you are liking it though...
biggrin.gif

If we can get a Dynahi to the meet it will almost be like my stuff is there. If it doesnt look like one will be coming, I will see what I can do... and I am still up for bringing everything if anyone is passing through Hamilton and wants to give me a ride.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #64 of 79
Quote:

Yeah, but there's something profoundly different about listening at home, and at a meet.

I hear you there... it is definately a different story at home as opposed to meet conditions. I used to think that I hated Grado's until I heard them in quiet conditions at aerius' house. They actually don't sound all that bad.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #65 of 79
No go on on getting any singlepower or ray sammuels equipment?

Biggie.

Jun 29, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
No go on on getting any singlepower or ray sammuels equipment?

Biggie.

Unfortunately not. They have the same issues with Canada Customs that headroom has (namely that CC sucks more than a warehouse full of Dyson vacuums). They won't risk shipping amps across the border when it's really simple to have CC confiscate the goods, or have to go through tons of paperwork.

Only way you're going to get to have a listen to the good stuff is to come to the next Detroit meet, or get someone to organize one in Buffalo.

I tried man, but for some things, it sucks living in Canada.

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #67 of 79
Okay, details time.

If you look on the map here:
http://www.uwindsor.ca/units/hospita...?OpenDocument#

(north is down) the building highlighted in red (#13) is where the meet is being held. It's in the basement of Vanier Hall, in the Rose Room (there are signs in the basement showing how to get to the rose room).

Directions to Campus are to take the 401 to windsor, and then stay on it until it becomes Huron Church road (the signs would all say "bridge to USA"). Stay on that road all the way until you reach campus. At the end of the road (there's a 7-eleven there) turn left. It's on the right hand side then, and there's a large circular driveway. There's parking all over campus as well, and you should be able to find a lot that suits your needs (I believe that the staff lots will be free on saturday, in which case there's one just across the street from the 7-eleven).

From the USA, take the bridge over, turn right into the McDonalds parking lot, then left onto college, and then left onto huron church (heading back towards the bridge. This is pretty much just a big U-turn you just did). Stay on huron church for about three blocks, and then you'll see campus, and the infamous 7-eleven.

The meet will be happening from noon to six, because that's when we have the room booked, and after that, I'd be fine with having people come back to my place for a barbeque, swimming, and a beer or two. Just a nice chance to relax. If you want to bring your swimsuit, that's great with me.

Anyone that needs to get in touch with me can call me on my cell anytime at 519.973.3283.

The only caveat with respect to the room is that we're not allowed to eat there (well, we are, but we would have to have the event catered by the Uwindsor Catering Services, and I don't have that kind of cash). So grab a quick lunch before you head over, and then come back to my place for burgers and dogs.

Here's a much more legible map, and in this case, the map is flipped (north is up).
http://mutuslab.cs.uwindsor.ca/schur.../CampusMap.jpg
I believe that the lot on the corner of Sunset and Wayandotte (lot F) will be free and open on saturday, and in that case, you could pull into the circle, unload your gear, and then go park there (it's a short walk).

Thanks
-Jake

Jul 2, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #69 of 79
Hey guys,

Sorry I wasnt able to make it. With all the painting and other things happening in my new Condo this weekend it just didnt work out. I meant to let you all know yesterday, but never got around to posting about it. I hope you all had fun and look forward to hearing impressions on the Eastsound CD player.
smily_headphones1.gif

- Jay

Jul 2, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #70 of 79
well, I think this goes down as one of the least-attended meets ever. Jefemeister showed up.

Other than that, my best friend was here, the person that booked the room for us showed up and chatted for a half hour (thanks Baddarrudin) and a professor dropped by, but had to take off.

So there are three of us, in a room that was designed to hold at least twenty.

But I'm having fun, and I'm going to go out and get a couple pints in a little while.

Take it easy everyone.

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #71 of 79
Quote:

well, I think this goes down as one of the least-attended meets ever. Jefemeister showed up.

Damn, sorry it turned out so small. I feel bad for not coming now.
frown.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #72 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Damn, sorry it turned out so small. I feel bad for not coming now.
frown.gif

Hey, don't feel bad. If you had come, it would have still been just a small meet, but I would have liked to have seen you. I'm sure I'll catch you at the next meet though.

(Posted by the_mac, on silk's PC. I'm just too lazy to change accounts)

Jul 3, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #73 of 79
Yeah, I guess... and all I would have had with me is my K340's anyways.
tongue.gif

Too bad I missed out on more of that piano playing though.
frown.gif

You guys should try to make it up here for the next Toronto or Waterloo meet... [I'm sure there will be another one eventually]

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #74 of 79
Hey that sucks! Sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

I think that the big headphone firms' problems with customs had a negative impact. I was thinking of coming but thought my meager equipment wouldn't be listened to with all the good new stuff coming originally. By the time it was learned about the troubles the U.S. folks were having bringing their equipment across the border and cancelled I had already made other plans.

At any rate ... thanks "The_Mac" for all your efforts ... I appreciate the trouble you went to!

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #75 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord SW Ont
Hey that sucks! Sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

I think that the big headphone firms' problems with customs had a negative impact. I was thinking of coming but thought my meager equipment wouldn't be listened to with all the good new stuff coming originally. By the time it was learned about the troubles the U.S. folks were having bringing their equipment across the border and cancelled I had already made other plans.

At any rate ... thanks "The_Mac" for all your efforts ... I appreciate the trouble you went to!

Yeah, I think that the waffling of the big guys had a rough impact on attendance, but that's life, and I'm going to try to make it to the next T. meet, and I've wanted to for a while, but every one has been scheduled on a day that I have a final exam. Hopefully next one will be more conveniently located for me.

And it's not all about the gear gord, it's about the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back