July 2 Windsor Ontario Meet
Apr 18, 2005 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

The_Mac

500+ Head-Fier
New Date Info:

The firm date for the meet will be [size=medium]Saturday July 2nd[/size]. This is final and will not be moving any more. We should start early afternoon, and then go on until people get exhausted.

As it stands, I'll be booking a room at the University of Windsor for the meet, and hopefully I can convince someone that has the power to book it for me (so that it's free). Otherwise I'll just pay out of pocket. The University is right near the Detroit Bridge, and about 5 minutes from the tunnel. The rooms are great, and we should have a great space for holding the meet.

ORIGINAL POST BELOW, OUT OF DATE.
Wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together in Windsor for a meet in late June/early July (when I think Tyll will be passing through town). Even if we don't get a stop on the headroom tour, we would still get a chance to have a nice meet, get to know one another, and have a good time.

I'd be able to host at my house, and we'll have plenty of space, good wiring, and I'm sure that we could find some food around here somewhere.

Looks like the possible dates would be July 1, or June 28-30. I realize that this is midweek, but Windsor's just across the border for all our American Neighbours, and not much of a drive from London, and a feasible drive from Toronto (if you're looking to get some serious meets crammed in).

I'd really like to do this, and I think that it would be great. I'll get in touch with Tyll and see what he thinks, and hopefully we'll have other people interested as well.

Thanks
-Jake

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 79
There are a couple of potential hitches for me in early July, but I'd like to think I could make it.

BTW - What are the potential issues for those of us who would be bringing gear accross the border??

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 79
I'm in on any day unless a work situation pops up. I'm excited, I have yet to have a reason for going to Windsor not related to drinking (which has been while since I've been 21 since 2000)

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 79
I'll fully look into the issue of bringing gear across the border later in the week (I have four exams in the next four days, but then done). But my understanding is that if you go to the US customs BEFORE you cross, get them to record the serial numbers and such on all your gear (to prove that you own it in the states) and that all goes on a form. Then you keep the form with you, cross over into Canada (and who really ever gets hassled by Canada Customs, just tell them why you're bringing it over) and then when you go to cross back to the states, you just show your form, and they know you're not trying to import $20000 worth of Canadian audiophile gear.

I'll have a complete answer late this week early next.

Apr 18, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 79
i'd love to attend but i'll be in asia
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

hope this meet works out and is a success!

cheers to your good fortune!

Apr 18, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 79
I'd be interested
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 79
I'll be there of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 79
Looks like there shouldn't be a problem on the 29th or 30th of June. I'd love to do it.

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 79
Excellent to hear that there's some interest. If anyone has issues with any of the dates (29 / 30 / 1) let me know. I think we'll tentatively schedule it on Friday July 1st, looking to start in the afternoon (I'd be out of school so we can start at noonish, with plenty of time for late arrivals).

Thanks for the interest so far, and I'll keep abreast of this thread, and update it with any information.

Thanks
-Jake

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #11 of 79
Hmmm... I dont know if I will be able to make it on a wednesday or thursday.
frown.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 79
I should be able to make it on the 30th. I will bring everything in my sig.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 79
It's a 4-hour drive from where I am, and I'd have to take a day off work... but to meet Tyll and hang out with the guys, it might be worth it. I may have to get an amp just for this event
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #15 of 79
Cancel the psedu headroom toronto meet and put this one on a weekend. If there are some decent tube amps there I'll be in with my full rig.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back