Jude and Mods - What are the chances...
Feb 20, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by timoteus
of adding FlashChat to the board like over at AudioKarma.org?

Why not even an IRC room? That'd be pretty easier to do, too.

Feb 20, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 18
Thank you for the plug.
wink.gif

Yes, I have an unofficial chatroom (READ: has absolutely no affiliation with head-fi!) about headphones. There is also #headphones on EFNet as well, whatever. If you need help, just PM me and I would be glad to help you get on.

Feb 20, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
uh, is anyone seeing wodgy's avatar in the bottom left hand corner?

or am i crazy?

sorry ot but it's on this thread!

Use IE instead of Firefox. Not that firefox is buggy or anything...
wink.gif

Biggie.

Feb 20, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 18
Yes, I know about the other chatrooms but never liked the idea of downloading the bulky mIRC program and then reading the miles of instructions that go with it. You jump through all those hoops and no one is ever in the room anyways. Too much baggage and no return.

The question is still to Jude or the mods about whether we can have a simple, intuitive, and friendly feature like FlashChat here at Head-Fi with a link on the top header next to Search and Quick Links.

Feb 20, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #9 of 18
You mean like a java irc client? Personally, I've tried it with my chatroom when I first opened it and people actually didn't like it very much. But hey, if it works for AudioKarma...

Feb 20, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #10 of 18
You download MIRC, instal it, then click on Null's link and you are in the chat room. No baggage, thats it...

Biggie.

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #12 of 18
Sorry for taking so long to respond.

No.

J/K
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, something like this is Jude's call alone. I know it's hard to believe, but he sometimes gets too busy dealing with his business, his family, and his life in general, to immediately focus on various requests such as this. There are after all, 21,000 of us and only 1 of him. If you don't have some sort of response within a day or two, try PMing him with your suggestion.

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #13 of 18
Thanks for the response. I know Jude is busy, that's why I also asked the mods in case they had anything to add. It was a little frustrating seeing the mods post in other Member's Lounge threads during the last three days while this one was ignored. I don't really expect a chatroom, if Jude was going to add one he would have long ago. I just thought I'd ask.

While I have your attention, what is the status with Outside? I have PMs sent to Jude and you from 12/26/04 that are still marked unread.

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

While I have your attention, what is the status with Outside? I have PMs sent to Jude and you from 12/26/04 that are still marked unread.

They're marked unread, not because they're unread, but because we didn't always use the receipt button. Outside will be coming back, but it's taking a longer time to organize the new usergroups than anticipated. Everyone who has requested admission will be notified as soon as it's up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back