JQ Audio Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #151 of 229
I hope more reviewers get their hands on the JQ HJ. My tastes generally align with BGGAR’s, but if I’m looking for a more neutral sounding IEM, or one with a lot of upper mid and treble detail, but lean bass, or an IEM with BA bass, then his reviews would not be my primary go-to for finding such an IEM. Certain reviewers have an obvious bias towards a certain sound, and reviewers like BGGAR and Aminus definitely seem to prefer DD bass, with a lot of it. There‘s nothing wrong with that, as long as they’re up front regarding their preferences. But I recommend not coming to broad conclusions based on individual opinions. I’m pretty sure they themselves would agree.

I just thought of this b/c I hope there are more varied opinions on the HJ that come out, and that people don’t write it off based on one comparison. Opinions are formed so quickly now.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #152 of 229
I hope more reviewers get their hands on the JQ HJ. My tastes generally align with BGGAR’s, but if I’m looking for a more neutral sounding IEM, or one with a lot of upper mid and treble detail, but lean bass, or an IEM with BA bass, then his reviews would not be my primary go-to for finding such an IEM. Certain reviewers have an obvious bias towards a certain sound, and reviewers like BGGAR and Aminus definitely seem to prefer DD bass, with a lot of it. There‘s nothing wrong with that, as long as they’re up front regarding their preferences. But I recommend not coming to broad conclusions based on individual opinions. I’m pretty sure they themselves would agree.

I just thought of this b/c I hope there are more varied opinions on the HJ that come out, and that people don’t write it off based on one comparison. Opinions are formed so quickly now.

To be honest, i completely agree with BGGAR on the JQ Hua Jiang, i like mine, but they are not perfect, it's exactly like he said, the bass is weak, and on many tracks i listen to, you feel the bass missing, you can tell the JQ uses a DD for it's bass, but it's still not very strong, and for example the Audiosense T800 has way more bass impact than the JQ. I also agree with him that the JQ sound pretty harsh in the treble region. Although the soundstage is wide and they sound pretty airy i wouldn't recommend them if you are treble sensitive. Again i like my JQ Hua Jiang, but they are not perfect.

Just my opinion!

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #153 of 229
To be honest, i completely agree with BGGAR on the JQ Hua Jiang, i like mine, but they are not perfect, it's exactly like he said, the bass is weak, and on many tracks i listen to, you feel the bass missing, you can tell the JQ uses a DD for it's bass, but it's still not very strong, and for example the Audiosense T800 has way more bass impact than the JQ. I also agree with him that the JQ sound pretty harsh in the treble region. Although the soundstage is wide and they sound pretty airy i wouldn't recommend them if you are treble sensitive. Again i like my JQ Hua Jiang, but they are not perfect.

Just my opinion!
I guess is all down to individual preferences. Coz i did demo ej07 too i find it abit harsh.

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #154 of 229

Just my opinion!
Nothing is perfect I have seen too much variation in BGGAR analysis he is too "moody"

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #155 of 229

Just my opinion!
And a very valid one. I’m not discounting BGGAR’s opinion at all. I’d just like to see more opinions, and perhaps conformation of his impressions, like you just provided us with. :thumbsup:

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #156 of 229
Another nice pair for JQ.
IMG_20200625_013321.jpg

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #157 of 229
Nothing is perfect I have seen too much variation in BGGAR analysis he is too "moody"
Yeah, like one day he finds he likes and recs something and the other he bashes it and doesn't rec anymore... Except when it's Thieaudio iems where he's gona say it's the best thing in the world, even they entry line is better then some well stablished TOTL (or TOTL killer, as he says). I like his reviews but in general he is very inconsistent :thinking::spy:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #158 of 229
Yeah, like one day he finds he likes and recs something and the other he bashes it and doesn't rec anymore... Except when it's Thieaudio iems where he's gona say it's the best thing in the world, even they entry line is better then some well stablished TOTL (or TOTL killer, as he says). I like his reviews but in general he is very inconsistent :thinking::spy:
Inconsistent is a good word. However I understand our natural hearing or acoustics is different so I can understand variation.

Between the Fearless S8 & Roland , Thieaudio 14 and L9 , I determine that his music type determines a big portion.

So now when he talks about his curves I adapt his message.

If he says Bass is excellent , I lower it my mind to Good. He says Treble is hot , I lower it to not. I do watch his curves for transition from bass to miss as I figure out that I don't like steep change and he tends to avoid it.

This gives me a chance to virtually audition an IEM

Thieaudio 14 and L9 just did not work for me.

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #159 of 229
Just received my jq est. Very excellent set. Hope burn in get more better.
Very crazy depth/soundstage.Low frequency very goods.Treble suit me well i am a treble guy.I can hear hard cymbal strike slowly fade off which i mever heard before. Mid is very well balance need more listen.Detail and clarity is very good.
IMG_20200527_163311.jpgIMG_20200528_013216.jpgIMG_20200528_013636.jpg
Is it still has tone switch as in previous model (8+1 pro)?

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #161 of 229

I don't like his reviews because of this inconsistency. How could you trust his reviews if he change his mind?

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #162 of 229
I don't like his reviews because of this inconsistency. How could you trust his reviews if he change his mind?
I mean to some degree we all change our opinions on stuff. So some slight changes here and there should be ok. At least in my opinion.

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #163 of 229

Everything i have bought, based on his reviews and opinion have been exactly as he has stated. Other reviewers change their opinion too about stuff, however he is just more vocal about it. I think people should just keep in mind his personal music taste as well as his preferred sound signature.
Also if you don't like his reviews, then don't watch his reviews?

Also believe it or not, but humans do make mistakes.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #164 of 229
The thing with BGGAR is that he changes his opinions way too often, and few on occasions its some drastic change. Other then that I find his reviews entertaining and informative at least, its a good reference to get to know something new.

The way I see there are 3 kind of reviewers: The wannabes, the enthusiastic and the critical ones.
I think BGGAR fits somewhere in between the enthusiastic and the critical one, sometimes leaning more to the enthusiasm and others being a bit more harsh but without elaborating much.

Jul 26, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #165 of 229

Just my opinion!

Is the bass can represent speed double pedal quite well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back