JPop stars and IEM (56k Warning)
Nov 13, 2005 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 140

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like Suzuki Ami's a Shure E5 user!

A_NATION05-0.jpg

From the a-nation '05 concert this past summer.

A_NATION05-1.jpg

I used to be a huge Suzuki Ami fan, back in 1999. Can't say I'm a big fan of her comeback so far...

A_NATION05-2.jpg

Guess she took her left IEM out or never put it in.... but let's be honest, how many of you are looking at her cans??
icon10.gif

(EDIT: Hmm just noticed Otsuka Ai sports Sensaphonics 2X-S... more picts to come!)

Best,

-Jason

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 140
Wow, this is promising for Sensaphonics Japan and Taka Matsurugu - a year ago, we would have only seen UE 10 Pro on concert performers.

A_NATION05-4.jpg

Hmm, can't say I like Otsuka Ai's style... but she's cute I guess...

A_NATION05-3.jpg

I wonder if she had to pay the Japan markup like I did...

And you guys didn't believe me when I said I listened to crappy music
icon10.gif

(And for you guys familar with avex's concert, no, Koda Kumi doesn't wear any neat IEM so no picts of her for you... though she's got some great cans...
icon10.gif
)

Best,

-Jason

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
icon10.gif

Hey, J-Pop's fun! (says a Japanese) We all saw Wayne rocking to some J-Pop yesterday your (I'm assuming it was yours) laptop. Hey, who makes that laptop?

Haj

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Hey, J-Pop's fun! (says a Japanese) We all saw Wayne rocking to some J-Pop yesterday your (I'm assuming it was yours) laptop. Hey, who makes that laptop?

Haj

Hey, I'm real sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday. Thanks for bringing down the Gilmore and Sony - if I had known I would have brought some crappy JPop on SACD
icon10.gif
Yes it does exist!

Heh, yah, Wayne was bopping to hiro (of SPEED) doing some classic Jazz covers. The laptop is a Sony T series - which I still think has a remarkable (if very digital sounding) headphone out!

Best,

-Jason

Postscript: Heh, just noticed in the backstage section - Hitomi putting on her green UE-10 Pro.

A_NATION05-5.jpg

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 140
Quote:

Hey, I'm real sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday. Thanks for bringing down the Gilmore and Sony - if I had known I would have brought some crappy JPop on SACD
icon10.gif
Yes it does exist!

Really? I got to have my relatives send me some of them. I really haven't kept up with the current stuff, unfortunately.

I'm the guy in one of your pics who you didn't know the name. FYI, the Sony was just a transport duty only - it was connected to ECD 1 DAC that was sitting next to it. The DAC weighs more than Gilmore and Sony combined, I think. I need to get smaller and lighter stuff.

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 140
Quote:

Wow, this is promising for Sensaphonics Japan and Taka Matsurugu - a year ago, we would have only seen UE 10 Pro on concert performers.

A_NATION05-4.jpg

Hmm, can't say I like Otsuka Ai's style... but she's cute I guess...

A_NATION05-3.jpg

I wonder if she had to pay the Japan markup like I did...

icon10.gif

(And for you guys familar with avex's concert, no, Koda Kumi doesn't wear any neat IEM so no picts of her for you... though she's got some great cans...
icon10.gif
)

Best,

-Jason

I was just noticing that the memory wire had come out from behind her ear. When they aired the Usher (who uses Sensaphonics as well) concert on Showtime I noticed the same thing. Is this a common problem with Sensaphonics?

Nov 13, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #9 of 140
Excuse my ignorance but why do singers wear earphone when they are on live?

Why do they need to near their "own song"? Is it because it is too loud and they need earphone to keep them "on track"?
confused.gif
Enlighten me please.

Nov 13, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #13 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
I was just noticing that the memory wire had come out from behind her ear. When they aired the Usher (who uses Sensaphonics as well) concert on Showtime I noticed the same thing. Is this a common problem with Sensaphonics?

They suppose to wrap the wire behind their ears and have the wire go to the back of their head, and then goes down. I guess they wear it too quickly, or they do not like the feeling of the wire wrap behind their ears.

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #14 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by net_dos
Excuse my ignorance but why do singers wear earphone when they are on live?

Why do they need to near their "own song"? Is it because it is too loud and they need earphone to keep them "on track"?
confused.gif
Enlighten me please.

I have the same question
icon10.gif

and another question, just for fun
eggosmile.gif

what about Ayumi?
Does anyone know what kind of IEM she uses???
Are those IEM at all? seem rather strange.
You guys are good... just buy looking at those pics you know what kind they use... lol..
sorry, the caps are not as sharp as those above.

snapshot20051113190037.jpg

snapshot20051113185839.jpg

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #15 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by felchi80
I have the same question
icon10.gif

and another question, just for fun
eggosmile.gif

what about Ayumi?
Does anyone know what kind of IEM she uses???
Are those IEM at all? seem rather strange.
You guys are good... just buy looking at those pics you know what kind they use... lol..
sorry, the caps are not as sharp as those above.

snapshot20051113190037.jpg

snapshot20051113185839.jpg

Those are the Sony NC10 goofy looking. I have a pair and make me look like I am wearing earings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back