Jomo Audio GENESIS
Feb 17, 2016 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

John Culter

100+ Head-Fier
"We've been working hard with our friend Effect Audio for the past few months on something special with our technology and dedication to high quality audio. This "CLASSIFIED" project of our combined R&D has been working on, has bear fruit - GENESIS"

Featuring:
- Patent Pending IsoFlux™ technology*
- Custom Precision CNC Gold plated Nozzle**
- 5 Drivers, 4 Way Passive Crossover, 3 Acoustic Waveguide
- High Purity Gold Plated Silver internal wiring Mars***
- Mundorf Supreme Solder

*IsoFlux™ nano magnetic coating isolates the drivers individual magnetic field. Zero interference results in accuracy, increased efficiency of energy exchange between electrical signal and sound pressure. These translates to possibly the most analogue sounding IEM.
**Precision made to order CNC Gold Plated Nozzle serves to secure bass accuracy and clarity resolution.
***Building Effect's Audio flagship Mars Cable as internal circuitry and stock cable ensures excellent transmission and thus detailed soundstaging ensues..
No expenses were spared in this pursuit of the ultimate audio. Much to our regret, due to materials scarcity pertaining to IsoFlux™ technology, Genesis will be a Limited Edition series.

It is retailing for $2499 USD (SGD$3499). Estimated build period would be 4-8 weeks. 
Only 15 sets in total and 3 sets available for CanJam order.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 14
No one knows. The early report seems to be mix, based on the show environment. I lost interest now that I know it's this expensive.

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 14
I received the genesis yesterday, a little feedback in a few times
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #10 of 14
I managed to get a short audition of the Genesis in e-earphone, Akihabara a few months back. It's nice, rather transparent with a slight V-shaped tonality but overall very balanced. Nothing really stood out to me as a $2500 piece of gear though; in fact I thought Jomo's own Samba flagship did what it tried to do, only better.

I'm also rather humoured by the almost snake-oil levels of marketing though, but that seems to be a common trend when collabs are made with cable companies. Just focusing on this ridiculous one:

Featuring:
- Patent Pending IsoFlux™ technology*

*IsoFlux™ nano magnetic coating isolates the drivers individual magnetic field. Zero interference results in accuracy, increased efficiency of energy exchange between electrical signal and sound pressure. These translates to possibly the most analogue sounding IEM.

A quick google search for the IsoFlux patent brings this up. For those intimidated by the wall of text, the TL;DR is that the IsoFlux coating allows X-ray machines to detect structures that are radio transparent, i.e. artery stents made from medical-grade alloys. The patent makes no reference to magnetic fields and, by the looks of it, seems to be a material made purely for medical use. Perhaps if your ears can detect cosmic background radiation, this IEM can do you some good.

But hey, it's a limited run thing. People's gotta push those units, right?

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #13 of 14
Man I wish manufacturers would start to do some self sensorship, and assume we are not complete morons.

Given the scientific level of most people nowadays, they can safely assume most of us ARE science morons.
Can't blame people though, nowadays it's MUCH easier to make good living working in business or legal areas, so why study science ? (R&D and science pay peanuts and get the cut first in times of need, which is 99% of the time since the 90s).

If people are interested in checking patents actual claims versus marketing bull***t, the best place to search/read any patent for free is: https://worldwide.espacenet.com
You'd be surprised... if you're patient enough to get through the walls of text.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #14 of 14
Given the scientific level of most people nowadays, they can safely assume most of us ARE science morons.
Can't blame people though, nowadays it's MUCH easier to make good living working in business or legal areas, so why study science ? (R&D and science pay peanuts and get the cut first in times of need, which is 99% of the time since the 90s).

If people are interested in checking patents actual claims versus marketing bull***t, the best place to search/read any patent for free is: https://worldwide.espacenet.com
You'd be surprised... if you're patient enough to get through the walls of text.
I know crap about the subject, being in business myself. But business allows you to smell bullcrap. Of course in audio you have to tolerate a certain level of bullcrap, otherwise I would not have bought the WM1Z, but this is pushing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back