Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on!
Sep 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #166 of 186
More gear: Hifi im Hinterhof is providing a Stax headphone/amp setup, Compact Monitors is sending demo units of the Stage 2, Stage 3 and Stage 4 custom in-ears, we'll probably have a Nuforce Icon HDP and Sleek Audio SA6-Rs as well. And my Meelec M9s arrived today, just in time for the meet! First post updated accordingly.

m00hk00h and I have started setting up the rooms for our meet today. We again urge locals and those already in town to drop by at Hifi im Hinterhof tomorrow between 6 and 7 p.m. to set up their gear. That'll save some time on Saturday morning.
Looking forward to meeting everyboday! Oh, and skip breakfast on Saturday, we'll have a nice brunch together! :)

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #168 of 186
Simply awesome, always wanted to try the stage series. You got anything like Sagrotan already? If you are in Berlin and want to try IEM stuff, visit Hörakustik Schmutzler. They have the complete Compact Monitors lineup, UE Customs and even Westone.

Sep 10, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #169 of 186
Quote:
We have a table for eight tomorrow night at 8:45 p.m. at White Trash (Schönhauser Allee 6-7). Who's coming? (They have Veggie burgers too, rasmus. Not sure if they're vegan though..)

Deep Funk, I'll give you a call concerning my whereabouts before you reach Hauptbahnhof.
I'll refrain from drinking (too much), since I'll be driving anyway. Chances are, I'll pick you up at the train station.

Yay, I'm quoting myself now!

Friends of mine, who've recently moved from Portland, Or to Berlin, will be joining us at White Trash tonite. Probably my wife too. This means that we'll need a bigger table.
And we won't be a single-issue headphone nerd crowd! :)

Sep 10, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #170 of 186
I've just received not only the Icon HDP and a SA6-R, but a brand new uDac2 as well from digital-highend.

On a side note: While the event is totally free, we do appreciate small donations and will have a collecting box set up.
We don't intend to gain financially from this, but we did have small expenses for softdrinks, table cloth and stuff like that and will have to pay postage to return the manufacturer-provided headphones and gear.

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #171 of 186
Hope you all have/had a great meeting!
bigsmile_face.gif

Sorry that I could not make it.

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #173 of 186
I had a blast! It was great meeting all you guys in person and definitely worth every second spent organizing. See you again next year!

Personal resolution for the next meet though: Spend more time listening to gear and less talking to people.
beyersmile.png

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #174 of 186
Quote:
I had a blast! It was great meeting all you guys in person and definitely worth every second spent organizing. See you again next year!

Personal resolution for the next meet though: Spend more time listening to gear and less talking to people.
beyersmile.png

There is nothing wrong with being social. On a side note, the Audio Technika W1000X owns and I prefer my Pioneer Monitor 10R to an AKG K701... So much excitement...

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #175 of 186

Quote:

beyersmile.png

Are you going to do a write up of the event? :)

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #179 of 186
Hey - well back home. Thank you all for a fantastic day! I am still recovering from a hard weekend in Berlin so impressions will follow in the next couple of days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back