Joining the Grado Family
Oct 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #16 of 36
Compared to the SR325i, the SE530s are a lot more laid back and lush (somewhat like the HD 650s w/o the veil). They are both very detailed. The SR325i are A LOT brighter than the SE530s, obviously. Vocals are also a lot more forward and realistic on the SR325i and although the SE530s are known to be bassy, it doesn't come close to the bass quality of the SR325i. When I listen to the SR325i I feel like I'm getting punched in the face by the bass. The muscles in my forehead actually twitch a little after a few hours. (Which I like, oddly enough.) Everything was just so much more "alive" and involving, compared to the SE530. The sound stage between the two seem about the same. (the SR325i might have a slight edge, but not huge)

After listening to the SR325i for the last 6 hours, I do prefer the SR325i sound over the SE530. Everything was just bigger and better I guess. The only thing I found the SE530s did better was with acoustic music, but then again, we are comparing full sized open cans to closed IEMs and also two different sound sigs and the Grado sound sig is of a completely different nature than anything I've heard before. I'm really that impressed by it. I'm actually thinking of selling the SE530s and buying a pair of Grado Gr8s.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #17 of 36
Thanks for your feedback, TLY, but I'd be careful about wanting to switch to 'Grado world' purely on the basis of the 325is. Like any headphone maker, they have their peaks and troughs - Grado owners argue constantly about which model is which - I dont know where the GR8 fits on the rollercoaster, but I would spend as much time researching as possible.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TLY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, just got my SR325i today and I am enjoying my music more than ever before. I've tried the K702s and HD 650 and by far the SR325i's are my favorite of all of them. I can't stop smiling with them on. =D Now I am thinking of upgrading to the RS2/RS1 (after just one day!) When will it end?!?!

I got my RS1i's about six months ago (had SR80's for 10 years), and I enjoy my music more than ever. PS-1000, eh? Not on my income. Enjoy those 325i's for a while.

- Ed

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #20 of 36
Haha! You almost got me there, analog'd.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #21 of 36
Looks like I'll have my Grado's tomorrow I cant stand the wait.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #23 of 36
I picked up an SR80i a few days ago and I absolutely love them. I've been listening to music with them on for about six hours straight now and I honestly can't even tell they're on my head, so I think I'm blessed with a perfect fit for these things or something. I mostly listen to metal and electronic, and I can immediately tell differences in the low end coming out on these. Bass guitar just stands out so much more now, without being boomy. I love it.

The only downside is that I need to go back and rerip my entire older music collection because I can now tell the sound quality of 128 mp3s that I ripped from 5 years or so ago before I decided to go up to 320. I'll have to do a lossless and see if I can tell between 320. I'm a bit afraid of my ipod space if there is a noticeable difference.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by NormaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting my rs1i next week
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

well, I can't believe you gave up on yer beats, but hey, if you think it's best
regular_smile .gif

soo. does yer gf get the 225i's?

seriously, nice move man...you will love them.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up an SR80i a few days ago and I absolutely love them. I've been listening to music with them on for about six hours straight now and I honestly can't even tell they're on my head, so I think I'm blessed with a perfect fit for these things or something. I mostly listen to metal and electronic, and I can immediately tell differences in the low end coming out on these. Bass guitar just stands out so much more now, without being boomy. I love it.

The only downside is that I need to go back and rerip my entire older music collection because I can now tell the sound quality of 128 mp3s that I ripped from 5 years or so ago before I decided to go up to 320. I'll have to do a lossless and see if I can tell between 320. I'm a bit afraid of my ipod space if there is a noticeable difference.

Bin the ipod and get a 16gig walkman. Sounds soooo much better,regardless of bitrate.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #27 of 36
I was like a 5 year old on christmas day. They arrived and I immediately put them on and selected Peter Gabriel..... These have more of everything over my QP240s including bass. I am ruined for all other brands these are that much better than anything else I have ever listened to.

Oct 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #28 of 36
Hello all,
I've joined the Grado club too with the SR325is ... it's fantastic how they sound, even with a small amp as the Voyager. I've had SE530 for 2 years now (and will continue using them in noisy environment) but the SR325is is way better in medium and medium high. Like right in your face! I mainly listen to guitar based music (all styles from jazz to heavy metal) and the Grado's bring a totally new experience. I've been listening to them for 6 hours without fatigue, it's really amazing.

I'm adicted
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #29 of 36
Wait til ya try the HF-2's
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait til ya try the HF-2's
tongue.gif

Yup
atsmile.gif