Joe Grado's new earpads for the HP1000
Apr 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #77 of 90
Quote:
According to the original post they're available to everyone no? I don't know. As anyone ever tried?

I'm sorry, but the upgraded pads just sound one significant order better than the TTVJ ones.

When i bought my TTVJ flats the price of the improved pads was still $150, wich i thought was a bit much for something i couldn't return if i didn't like them, but at $60 they're worth a shot.

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #78 of 90
Calling Joe will cost me as much as paying for a pair of cushions :frowning2:

Aint there anyone who's gonna order a pair and could ask for an extra one for me?

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #79 of 90
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but does anyone want to buy in on a batch of at least 4 or more sets of these? I had the opportunity to speak with Joe recently and because of the work that goes into making these he would prefer to create a bunch at a time if needed.

May 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #81 of 90
They are $60 a pair, or I should say they were. Yesterday I was informed by Joe that he only offers them with the upgrade now sadly.

May 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #82 of 90
damn. i would have been down for a few i cant believe i missed this when it all went down. i have a sr60, vintage black 325 with jguwbc and a magnum v5 (used to have rs1i) and i'll pretty much only listen with ttvj flat pads

if anyone isnt crazy about them and wants to sell a pair i'll gladly take em off your hands to try.

May 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #83 of 90
They are $60 a pair, or I should say they were. Yesterday I was informed by Joe that he only offers them with the upgrade now sadly.

I wouldn't give Joe any money or do business with him in any way. Have a look at the HP-2i thread or whatever it is. He seems to have full blown dementia. 

May 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #84 of 90
Beez I'll send you my pair in a month or two (you can pm me). It's a watered down version though, as I've removed an “excess” of oil that was maybe more needed than I thought.

Also, with use your ears take off oil from the pads (or maybe it is that they get drier when gaining age) and I THINK that makes the pads less effective. It seemed to me at least, after each careful monthly A/Bing.

They're still plenty good though. Myself I've migrated to another pad.

May 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #85 of 90
Beez I'll send you my pair in a month or two (you can pm me). It's a watered down version though, as I've removed an “excess” of oil that was maybe more needed than I thought.

Also, with use your ears take off oil from the pads (or maybe it is that they get drier when gaining age) and I THINK that makes the pads less effective. It seemed to me at least, after each careful monthly A/Bing.

They're still plenty good though. Myself I've migrated to another pad.

cool thanks! i'll definitely take you up on that

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #86 of 90
What's the skinny on these pads now? I'd love to try them on my SR325iS. Anyone in the Netherlands have a pair, or is someone willing to send me a pair?

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #87 of 90
Maybe it's just me, but the thought of having oïl soaked earpads pressed up against my ears is kind of repulsive.

I mean, the fact that something works does not automatically makes it a good idea.

I"m sure that Castrol Syntec motor oïl would be pretty effective in treating dry skin, but, I"ll stick with Nivea.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #88 of 90
I will keep pushing for my Sunflower HD414 pads mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/622756/joseph-grado-signature-product-hp2i-upgraded-hp-1000-headphone-information-journal-and-comparative-review-on-hiatus/240#post_11032139

As I believe they are the best pads for any Grado headphone.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #89 of 90
  I will keep pushing for my Sunflower HD414 pads mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/622756/joseph-grado-signature-product-hp2i-upgraded-hp-1000-headphone-information-journal-and-comparative-review-on-hiatus/240#post_11032139

As I believe they are the best pads for any Grado headphone.

I can't speak to the HP1/2 because I've sadly never had the pleasure of trying them, but I did try your sunflower pads on my Magnum X build. I liked it, but for me it added a touch more bass than I wanted.

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #90 of 90
Thank you for your boldness and feedback! I tend to forget modern drivers have more bass impact; I do think my mod is one of the few that helps with extension though.

You can incrementally reduce the sunflower's efficacy by trimming around the “petals” by a lateral millimeter, listening, and then repeating if deemed required.

(the center 10¢-25¢ cut-out hole is optional; I'm not positive it makes as much a perceptible difference in sound as it can do on comfort, which I chose to prioritize personally)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back