JMT and the kindness of strangers
May 20, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #16 of 33
John, this was so nice of you to acknowledge such a kind act (which is second nature to JMT). As difficult as things may be with your mother's health, it is nice to read about how you are now closer than ever with her.

May 20, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #17 of 33
This was indeed a huge head-fi warm-fuzzy for the day

(In case anyone remembers what warm-fuzzies are)
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #19 of 33
It's in our little acts of kindness that we show our true selves.

Thanks for posting. We need to be reminded that we all have an awesome power to make a difference in the lives of other people. JMT is one of Nature's gentlemen. We are fortunate to have him as part of the Head-Fi community.

BW

May 20, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 33
That's a lovely gesture, JMT, and a kind and thoughtful one of yours, JMedeiros, for posting it here and cheering us all up. It's things like this that inspire us all to go out and do a kind thing for a person we know. I'm going to! Thanks and well done, both of you!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #22 of 33
John thanks for sharing the touching story with us.
cool.gif

JMT is awesome! He has been making amps and interconnects for ages. I remember looking at his website and I couldn’t believe how cheap he sold some of his items. I have built interconnects for many Head-fiers but I sometimes recommend them to just purchase some from JMT. He sells them unbelievably inexpensive. He has unselfishly given so much to Head-fi. JMT really is a wonderful person.

JMT doesn’t know it, but he unknowingly has helped me. I had been going through a rough time financially a few months back due to a bad real estate deal. I had to sell some of my audio gear to eat and pay the mortgage and bills. Among the stuff I sold on Head-fi was some opamps JMT bought off of me. That little bit of money really helped me through a tough month.

Thank you for being such a cool guy JMT!
280smile.gif

May 21, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #23 of 33
WOW, JMT. To show such compassion for others is amazing. I'm speechless. It's good to know that there are still some kind souls out there that give out of pure joy from their hearts and not expect anything in return. You have my deepest respect. Mad propz.

May 21, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #24 of 33
Bill Ward did a similarly awesome thing for me....(a pair of new Senn 580s just because I was missing the pair I had given away)

Now go tell me guys (like some did at another post here) that the community here is overrated and overestimated or whatever. Good people can be anywhere. At school, at your job on the internet... anywhere...

May 21, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #26 of 33
Right on!!
Yes indeed JMT is a great person. I had the chance to meet him last summer at the Sac meet. You just don't meet many people like JMT. The fact that he opened up his home (with great food made by his wife i might add) for all of us head-fi freaks while we all drooled over the equipment told me right off a lot about the kind of person he is. Thanks to JMT for reafirming the fact that there are still plenty of honest, good caring people out there.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back