JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!
Jul 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #241 of 542
Hey,
Sorry, due to the complex construction of the pads and the amount of raw leather material waste, my profits are surprisingly low...as in scary low...

So, I won't be able to offer any further discounts at this time.

thanks

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #242 of 542
fatman please check your PM for my order....

And I have a suggestion for new product.... I think it would be good to see Grado leather flat pads with velour surface.

Currently only Todd supplies them and they are quite expensive (35$)..... I'd like leather counterpart with velour surface for the place where skin touches. As long as the price is not too high (say, less than 60 bucks) then I think this will attract quite many Grado fans.

And, I want to see some instruction to remove plastic ring from stock pads and the installation of the JMoney Denon pads.

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #243 of 542
Just a quick word of thanks.

Received my V3 headband today and the quality of workmanship is amazing! So much better looking than the original and a lot more comfortable, not to mention that smell of real leather. Fitting was easy and the instructions simple to follow (although "twist the block from side to side until you hear a cracking noise" does require a certain leap of faith!)

Thanks Jeremy...

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #244 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it would be good to see Grado leather flat pads with velour surface.

This is a really interesting concept. I had thought about trying to make my own leather pads for Grado, although the velour part hadn't occurred to me. Any such pads could have unanticipated effects on the sound quality. I thought about using perforated leather to both improve comfort and reduce sonic impact.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #246 of 542
You just need to PM me and I'll give you the ordering details.

Cost is $54.99 a set + $5 international shipping.

thanks

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #248 of 542
My V3 headband arrived during the week but ive only had a chance today to put it onto my Ms1000i.

It looks, feels and smells great
biggrin.gif

Great work as usual Jeremy!!

4.jpg

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #249 of 542
Hello Miguel!

Can you PM me the part number for those plastic things - I may try to find them here in Europe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rings for the Denon leather pads I ordered are back ordered. Hope to have more information in a week or so. I am really looking forward to trying these leather pads.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #251 of 542
just received yesterday my pair of Jmoneyaudio ear pads. I read about them here in Head-fi and decided to order a pair to give them a try.

First, they are very well made and the installation was a breeze. You just have to pull the white plastic ring with the 4 small tabs from you all ear pads and place it inside the Jmoneyaudio earpads. I had my all pads modified like the Markl mods but the Jmoeny audio are even thicker and with a better angle.

After locking the ear pads back in my D7000 and placing the headphones in my head I noticed how comfortable and soft touching they are. The make the D7000 fit snugly nice.

The sound change slightly but noticeable. The bass got better defined and tighter. The highs got tamed just a little bit enough basically to eliminate the sibilance that some people complain about in the Denon.

The biggest change in my opinion was in the midrange. I noticed it came forward from before providing a better presentation in the soundstage. Some people think that the Denon has a recessed midrange. No anymore with this ear pads.

I liked them so much that I order 2 more pair last night to install them in my WD2000 RL Edition and another pair I am working on.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 3, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #252 of 542
Received my Denon pads and installed them on my D7000s.

A few early impressions:

Impressive craftsmanship at a very reasonable price.

There is no doubt that they provide a bit more isolation when compared to the stock pads.

Bass is tightened up a little bit.

Soundstage seems slightly wider.

They are considerably thicker, and a bit firmer than the stock pads, and as such they cause the overall fit of the headphones to be a bit more snug on my head - I had to adjust the headphones out 2 or 3 more clicks per side to accommodate the pad thickness.

The pads are comfy, but not quite as comfy as the stock pads (not a deal breaker, but worth pointing out).

Overall the jmoney pads seem to be a very worthwhile tweak for my D7000s, and provide subtle improvements over the stock pads, quite similar to what the "markl" modded pads provide.

If the jmoney pads last as long as I suspect they will, I think they are a great bargain, and any Denon fan would likely benefit from (and enjoy) a pair of these pads. If you are a Denon fan and are currently using "markl" moded pads (and enjoy what they do with the sound of your Denons), then the jmoney pads are a no-brainer.

Great work Jeremy!

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #253 of 542
thanks guys for all the comments/pictures. Really appreciate it!

BTW, for those of you waiting on the rod locks, real advances have been made and good things are happening. Also working on circular yokes that hold the enclosures in place. Trying to make some RS1 style yokes in some cool materials. Will see how it goes. Please watch out for updates.

Thanks again for the support!

-Jeremy

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #255 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks guys for all the comments/pictures. Really appreciate it!

BTW, for those of you waiting on the rod locks, real advances have been made and good things are happening. Also working on circular yokes that hold the enclosures in place. Trying to make some RS1 style yokes in some cool materials. Will see how it goes. Please watch out for updates.

Thanks again for the support!

-Jeremy

YESH!!!! I was hoping you hadn't given up on the rod locks!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back