JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!
Jul 24, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #226 of 542
Good to hear that you guys got them.

Miguel, Aren't the MarkL pads just stuffed? You an just remove them and put them back later if you want. No damage will be done, just remove the MarkL modded pads off carefully.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #227 of 542
Just got a pair of the earpads today. Like them a lot! Very nice quality Jeremy, thanks.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #229 of 542
The rod locks will take a similar design. I've been quite busy with my leather work so have been having a hard time fitting in time to work on the rod locks. They will still be a while until they are released, if I do even release them.

-Jeremy

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #231 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear that you guys got them.

Miguel, Aren't the MarkL pads just stuffed? You an just remove them and put them back later if you want. No damage will be done, just remove the MarkL modded pads off carefully.

Yes I could do as you indicate. But it seems I found the plastic rings for $4.95 plus S&H. I ordered two pairs in case I choose to buy a second set of leather pads from you.

If the part is the correct one I will post here for those who may wish to buy them. Thanks.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #232 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I could do as you indicate. But it seems I found the plastic rings for $4.95 plus S&H. I ordered two pairs in case I choose to buy a second set of leather pads from you.

If the part is the correct one I will post here for those who may wish to buy them. Thanks.

Groovy!

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #233 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am SO ordering a pair of the Denon pads when the budget allows (August 1st). My D7000s are just screaming for a pair of those pads. They look amazing, nice work!

Just curious, do you provide any sort of warranty for your work on these custom pads?

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Regarding the warranty issue. That is an interesting question. I will provide warranty if the problem occurs when you receive them. Let's say stitching was loose, or tears in the leather or something of the sorts. However, since pads are basically like clothes that suffer from wear and tear over time, I cannot offer further warranty as that is simply the nature of the product. They are basically meant to break down after some time but since they use leather and are stitched, they should last a longer time than stock which can flake over time.

I hope this answers your question thoroughly.

Jul 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #234 of 542
Indeed it does, thanks.

I have to get me a pair of those bad boys for my D7000s!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot for your kind words. Regarding the warranty issue. That is an interesting question. I will provide warranty if the problem occurs when you receive them. Let's say stitching was loose, or tears in the leather or something of the sorts. However, since pads are basically like clothes that suffer from wear and tear over time, I cannot offer further warranty as that is simply the nature of the product. They are basically meant to break down after some time but since they use leather and are stitched, they should last a longer time than stock which can flake over time.

I hope this answers your question thoroughly.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #235 of 542
Wanted to post some impressions of the Denon earpads. They're freaking awesome! They feel a lot nicer than the original pads, are about the same size as the MarkL modded pads and I think they sound just as good. I don't think I compared them directly too much, as soon as I got them, I tossed the MarkL pads on the shelf and don't think I'll be using anything except these leather pads - they're just better feeling and I think they isolate just a tad better, not to mention they're a better fit for my small head.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #236 of 542
Hello Miguel!

Any news on the plastic rings you've ordered? Do they fit the pads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #238 of 542
Slavaua the company I ordered the rings from did not have them in stock and they are sourcing them from Sony. Not surprised since I expected so after talking w/ a Sony USA representative. Will keep you all posted. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back